New Sites on the Web from Week of January 1, 2001
- GirlsNight.com - Tailors its content to females of all ages and presents a unique experience to the female web user. It combines the bonding of a community site, the entertainment of an e-zine, the convenience of a portal site and the value of e-shopping at over 150 different merchants. Delivers a uniqueness all its own in that it offers everything and anything a female desires for a Night With The Girls!
- SnapNames - The site's feature is Snap-Back(TM). This service protects domain name registrants from all known perils -- including domain name hijacking, employee sabotage, accidental deletion and accidental cancellation due to failure to renew. Subscribers to Snap-Back will receive instant notification whenever their domain name records are modified in any way.
- Herringtown - Offers an online searchable database of privately held, technology-driven companies. Sponsored by IBM Corporation, Herringtown is used by venture capitalists and investors to search for funding opportunities; by technology professionals looking for partners and customers; and by private-company executives searching for partners, services providers, and competitive information.
- Visual Quickstart Online Library - This new Web-based learning and reference tool contains thousands of step-by-step how-to tutorials on Web, graphics and multimedia topics for professionals and new users alike. Contains the entire contents of 25 of Peachpit's award-winning Visual QuickStart Guide books in a quick find online format. Charter subscriptions are offered for a limited time at $49.95 and Peachpit Press is now offering free trials.
- Musicnotes.com - Musicnotes technology allows musicians, educators and fans to instantly see, hear and print legally copyrighted digital sheet music on any home, office or school computer. By downloading the free Musicnotes Player, the user can actually interact with a selected piece of music.
- NetRadio.com - A media company that is an online distributor of originally programmed audio entertainment has launched a new, enhanced NetRadio.com Music Player - the online interface through which fans all over the world access their favorite music 24 hours a day.
- Do2Learn - Children and adults with special learning and communication needs now have access to the first web site that teams information resources with free online activities. The new site offers tested and proven special education programs that were previously expensive and difficult to find.
- MeasureCast - Publishes the ranking of the top 25 Internet radio broadcasters. The first company to provide Internet broadcasters, advertisers, and media buyers with true third-party audience size and demographic information with the MeasureCast Streaming Audience Measurement Service(TM).
- ProfilesUnlimited.com - A service where entrepreneurs have a new way to market themselves and their businesses to the national media. Assists business owners with acquiring national publicity by providing the business media with profiles of entrepreneurs that are searchable by specific criteria such as, age, gender, industry, location, and revenues. Entrepreneurs can post press releases, bios and media kits.
- CareersCafe.com - IBSystems launched CareersCafe.com, a sophisticated targeted technical job search. Jobs are posted in real time, and are automatically segregated into key expertise areas. The listings are updated daily allowing each targeted audience to browse fresh and relevant career opportunities each day.
- Single Tee Times - Since golf courses won't book a single golfer, the best individual golfers can do is go on a waiting list that can stretch for hours. SingleTeeTimes.Com solves the single player tee time problem by creating an on line community of individual golfers who share pre-arranged tee times.
- Cancellations.com - A free Web site that allows schools, groups and organizations to post their cancellations and schedule changes online so that students, families and members can stay abreast of community closings in real time -- without waiting for lengthy radio and TV reports. Just type in your zip code and view a complete, up-to- the-minute listing of all local closings.
- HeatforKids.com - A site dedicated to the Hasbro developed game called NASCAR Heat. The site is focused toward on-line racing enthusiasts under the age of 16, and is dedicated to the groups tag line of "Hooked on Racing, Not on Drugs".
- MuseumShop.com - Showcases more than 4,000 products offered by more than forty Museum Partners. Each museum features items from its own store, and visitors can shop either by museum or by product category. MuseumShop.com recently launched its Print Gallery, a virtual museum that utilizes RichFX Environments. The program enables visitors to "walk" through the faux rooms and view prints and posters hanging on walls.
- CDMA Development Group - The CDMA Development Group (CDG) is an international consortium of companies who have joined together to lead the adoption and evolution of CDMA wireless systems around the world. The CDG.org Web site provides the worldwide community with comprehensive CDMA-related information.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of