New Sites on the Web from Week of January 7, 2002
- DrugStory.org - The National Youth Anti-Drug Media Campaign has launched a Web site designed to provide entertainment writers and feature journalists with a comprehensive, online resource about substance abuse and related issues. The site focuses on issues ranging from the physical and mental effects of drugs like Ecstasy and heroin, to drug smuggling techniques and international drug trafficking.
- H&R Block - H&R Block debuts new products, services and technical enhancements that offer the widest range of online taxpayer services on the Internet. H&R Block provides the advice taxpayers need to comply with, and, where applicable, benefit from, tax law changes. hrblock.com is a comprehensive resource for all tax-related needs, from in-depth content with the latest tax advice to tools that enable users to plan for their future.
- Hershey's Kisses - Download a unique Web application called the Daily Kiss(TM). This innovative new program provides users with a daily "Sweet Thought" that can be accessed from their desktop. After installing the free application, a Hershey's Kisses icon appears on the user's taskbar. Users receive their "Sweet Thought" for the day by simply clicking on the icon. These "Sweet Thoughts" can be forwarded to friends and family via e-mail. In addition, the window includes links to recipes, decorating tips, gift ideas and other Hershey sites.
- Department of Veterans Affairs' Center for Minority Veterans - As a center for excellence, the Center for Minority Veterans ensures the Department of Veterans Affairs addresses the unique circumstances and special needs of minority veterans without regard to racial, ethnic, religious or gender distinctions.
- Home Toys - The independent resource for Home Networking and Automation, continues to serve this rapidly evolving market by publishing the interactive book entitled "How To Network and Automate Your Home." This comprehensive, practical guide outlines the steps it takes to plan and execute all aspects of a Home Technology Upgrade.
- JobStar - Find "How to" information for job seeker everywhere including resumes, career and salary info, hidden job market. Information on resumes: how to write them and where to send them. Whether you're starting, continuing or changing...you need information to plan your next move..including Free Online Career Tests.
- Namescout.com - The world's first dot-name registrar, is now accepting pre-registrations from individuals who wish to "put their name on the net". The first batch of registrations is to be processed in a matter of days, with the first pre-registered dot-name domains usable on the Internet when they resolve around mid-January.
- XM Satellite Radio - A website that is instrumental in introducing the country to America's first digital satellite radio service. On the site you can get information on XM's Featured Channel of the Week, learn about special offers and new music releases playing on XM, and see exclusive photos of artist visits to the XM Studios. Visitors can now sample more than half of XM's channels.
- Tech Central Station - Helps provide the right answers to many of those questions on technological advances with the news, analysis, research, and commentary you need to understand how technology is changing and shaping our world, and how you can make sense of it all.
- Sirius Satellite Radio - This satellite radio broadcaster offers live streaming of its 60 commercial-free music channels. Sirius visitors can go "backstage" on their favorite channels and view interviews, photos and other exclusive content from in-studio sessions with great musical artists. To date, Sirius has compiled more than 180 live, in-studio performances and in excess of 700 interviews from diverse artists ranging from Tony Bennett to Gene Simmons to Moby.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of