New Sites on the Web from Week of January 8, 2001
- Sonomic.com - Home to the largest online library of professional samples and sound FX. Sonomic has developed a unique "Search -- Preview -- Download(TM)" functionality that eliminates time-consuming searches and delivers exactly the sounds you need.
- MHLN.com - McGraw-Hill Education Launches Premier K-12 Online Service, The McGraw-Hill Learning Network. MHLN.com is the first of its kind to offer a seamlessly integrated network of complete, interactive online e-textbooks, plus a comprehensive suite of support resources for teachers, administrators, students, and families.
- MyCounsel.com - Combines the experience of leading lawyers around the country with the power of the Internet to provide flat-fee legal services in such areas as real estate transactions, employment contracts, small business incorporations, divorce, wills and estate planning. Also offers the Internet's largest collection of free, reliable legal information for consumers and small businesses.
- MacForce.com - A flash-based website geared toward the devoted Mac counterculture. Provides irreverent character-driven entertainment for Mac users across the planet, including relevant news and information via the weekly newsletter, Rocket Report; online games; a full cartoon serial; an evolving line of T-shirts and gear; and free promotional merchandise.
- FitnessDate.com - This site allows single people who enjoy fitness and who embrace active and healthy lifestyles to easily meet others with similar interests. The site is operated by Fitfriends Inc., a newly-developed company devoted to online dating that targets prospects with specific interests.
- FurnitureFan.com - An online marketing services company focused on driving furniture buyers into retail stores. Specializes in the development of furniture-related integrated marketing programs. The country's largest online directory of furniture stores with over 1,300 active stores currently hosted.
- IndexMedical.com - The largest Internet directory of medical devices and supplies. Provides up-to-date information on more than 150,000 products from more than 32,000 sources. It's the most comprehensive resource for buyers and sellers in the rapidly evolving online business-to-business medical product marketplace.
- HealthInsurance.com - Web site will help small businesses better access health insurance for their employees. The intelligent system provides free online quotes for small-group coverage, side-by-side comparisons of health plans and a "Health Insurance 101" tutorial.
- The Station - Sony Online Entertainment expands their host of online games with JEOPARDY!(R) Online Techno-Files, the technology and sci-fi themed addition to the popular JEOPARDY!(R) Online line-up. Currently boasting 8.9 million registered users, The Station is one of the leading resources for online gaming.
- QuitSmokingDiet.com - Established to help people stop smoking without gaining weight while becoming physically fit. Uunique in its mission to address three health issues, smoking, nutrition, and fitness, instead of just one.
- SUPERBOWL.COM - The official Web site for fans of America's biggest event. Will take fans inside the events, the history, the locker room and press conferences with access found nowhere else on the Internet. For the first time, fans will be able to vote on SUPERBOWL.COM during the game for the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player.
- VSA Arts of California - The first online retail gallery for disabled artists worldwide. The online Gallery features artist biographies as well as more than 100 works of art that range from hand-blown glass sculptures and raku vases to a wide variety of paintings. Since many of the items for sale are original artwork, the gallery web site will be continually updated to show instant availability of each piece.
- Powerfarm - Has compiled the most comprehensive assortment of agriculture products, services, credit and leasing options available on the Internet today. Products currently available include seed, fertilizer and crop protection products, along with headline ag news, market quotes and weather.
- The Vermont Country Store - A direct marketing Web site for practical, hard to find merchandise including food products, clothing and household goods.
- NikeTeam.com - Nike's new custom team ordering web site. Now high school, college, recreation, and all other teams can build and customize their team uniform using an array of fonts and colors, then order for the whole team at one site.
- SimPlayer Sports - A technology and application provider for the sports media market has launched its suite of basketball applications for college and professional basketball. The core of its applications is GameView, a 3-D arena experience that provides near real-time game simulation integrated with statistical analysis.
- AmericasDoctor.com - Provides consumers with the most current information on chronic illnesses including cutting edge treatment options, clinical trial information and opportunities to discuss their conditions with medical experts.
- Internet Safari - A powerful new web browser from Heartsoft built especially for young Internet explorers. Designed around a jungle safari theme, Internet Safari creates an exciting portal to the Internet for young children with cartoon animals, jungle sounds, and more! Download the beta version for free. Released version will be available on January 11.
- ABA 2000 Internet Network - A series of official team and league web sites promoting the newly-formed ABA 2000 basketball league. The league web site includes news, scores, statistics, standings, ticket information, online games, and areas for purchasing official league and team merchandise.
- PolaroidDigital.com - Provides practical information, customer support, and fun features that help consumers facilitate sharing of digital photographs with friends and family -- all at the touch of a button. The site serves as a comprehensive online resource, where users can send personalized greetings, post photos to an auction site, and create a personalized online photo album accessible to invited guests.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of