New Sites on the Web from Week of January 13, 2003
- Lucky Goose - U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray announced a national campaign to educate children about the importance of saving and investing. The site engages children through interactive games, printable materials, cartoons and an online book, while teaching them about money and saving.
- AntiTerrorism & Security Tools - Portal to help individuals and organizational decision makers to research tools available in the market to help counter terrorism and security threats. The site will attempt to converge all disparate information about homeland security into a single source in order to make it easier for individuals and organizations to find products and services related to security, terrorism, and homeland defense.
- Hampton's(R) Year of 1,000 Weekends - This clearinghouse of information is designed to connect travelers with 1,000 fun and quirky events happening across the U.S. and Canada in 2003. This new Web site serves as a one-stop shop for vacationers looking to experience something off-the-beaten-path. Designed as an easy reference guide, this site features different event categories, including music, food and more, to guide visitors to goings-on that suit their interests.
- WebMD Health on Joints - Stryker Howmedica Osteonics, a leading provider of orthopaedic implants, has launched an online Joint Replacement Resource Center. The sponsored Resource Center, aimed at educating patients on joint replacement therapies for hips, knees and shoulders, provides content developed by Stryker Howmedica Osteonics.
- BestCollegeDeals - An interactive online tool that provides personalized support in determining college costs and exploring financial aid solutions. BestCollegeDeals enables students, parents, educators, and certified financial planners to explore both need-based and merit-based financial aid packages at thousands of U.S. four-year colleges and universities, and determine "out-of-pocket" expenses--the amount of their own money that they will be expected to pay--at the colleges of their choice.
- Kentucky Derby - Churchill Downs Incorporated this week launched the official 2003 Kentucky Derby Web site. The redesigned site offers a wide assortment of engaging articles, interactive features and news updates that allow visitors to enjoy complete coverage of the Kentucky Derby, one of the world's most prestigious horse races, and its sister race, the Kentucky Oaks.
- AsiaGuideBook - AsiaGuideBook is the newest on-line travel guide produced by Georgetown, Inc., which last year introduced its highly successful www.EuropeGuideBook.com. Make reservations, read about Asian countries and points of interest, and find shopping mall and restaurants.
- 02Cruise.com - Empowers vacationers with cruise shopping tools more powerful than those available at most web sites, making it easy and quick to find the right cruise at the best price, 24 hours a day. With SureCruise(TM), an advanced online search tool delivering the most powerful yet easy-to-use cruise shopping experience available, 6,000 cruise departures can be searched in seconds on geographic area, sailing date, duration, departure port, port of call, holiday sailings and more.
- TurboTax - TurboTax(R) for the Web(SM) from Intuit is available with new services to help millions of taxpayers address their individual tax needs online with confidence. Taxpayers can prepare and file their 2002 federal and state income tax returns conveniently without leaving their home or downloading any software. They can prepare their return entirely online at any time from any computer with Internet access.
- Buy Cheapest Phone Cards Online - Customers can search for the lowest prepaid phone card rates from the United States to virtually anywhere in the world and purchase the best calling card directly online. The customer then receives their secure PIN instantly via e-mail, so they can make international or domestic long distance phone calls instantly.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of