New Sites on the Web from Week of January 17
- Surfola.com - Provides Internet users a free service that enables them to surf the web with their privacy ensured. Uses a variety of encryption techniques preventing co-workers, network administrators, ISP's, and others from seeing the pages a user views.
- Zappos.com - The world's largest shoe store, offering free shipping and no sales tax on all US orders. Features more than 150 brands of shoes, giving customers access to more than 25 million pairs of shoes.
- Virtually Dating - The first avatar based virtual playground dedicated to online singles world wide. Users will be offered individual member profiles, internal message center, profile search, the dressing room (a virtual character builder), 2D graphical chat rooms.
- CatalogCity.com - A catalog shopping portal. With its multi-merchant shopping cart, CatalogCity.com is a one-stop resource that provides consumers easy access to the world's best products.
- Cruise Critic - Profiles more than 45 cruise lines with candid reviews of more tha 150 cruise ships, luxury canal and riverboats, sailboats and expedition vessels.
- 01Gaming - Preview a continuous stream of video game reviews 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Then buy the games you like.
- AdSavers.com - AdSavers are screensavers that pay you. All you do is install AdSavers animated screensavers with information on products and services from top companies -- and you get paid.
- HomeVisions.com - Offering one of the most extensive collections of home furnishings on the Internet, the site will feature a comprehensive assortment of made to measure home products, including shutters, drapes, curtains, and shades.
- Handyman Online - An online contractor referral service. Customers simply call Handyman Online or input the details of their home improvement project onto the company's Web site. The company guarantees that up to four prescreened contractors will contact them within 48 hours.
- Kiss.com - A single source for personals, dating, and romance. Over 500,000 personal ads to browse.
- RealLegends.com - World's largest online sports memorabilia source. Provides access to an unparalleled collection of trading cards and sports collectibles - in fact virtually every trading card produced since 1948 can be seen on the site.
- JingleBank.com - A commercial jingle and imaging service for TV, cable, radio, new media and ad agencies. You can sample and demo hundreds of commercial jingles for your clients but license only the ones you sell while paying for only the markets where you use the jingles.
- Cruise411.com - Provides the lowest cruise prices in the industry and extensive resources to help users research and book cruises on 31 cruise lines. Cruise411.com's cruise database contains over 10,000 discounted sailings.
- net2gether.com - net2gether.com's flagship product--n2g--is now available free on the Web as part of its public beta program. n2g is a web application that enables its users to surf together, in-sync, through the web, and communicate with each other in real-time.
- Merriam-Webster's Word Central - A new language center on the Web for kids, teachers, and parents. Provides a lively, colorful, and interactive source for learning to love language and to build skills.
- Bid1travel.com - The first auction systems built specifically to handle airline tickets, vacation packages, cruises and hotel stays. Hundreds of travel bargains to exciting destinations.
- TennisStation.com - A comprehensive site for news, information, and resources about U.S. amateur tennis. Offers junior, adult and senior player profiles, fully searchable tournament schedules for all USTA sections, and tournament results. Includes hundreds of interviews and news stories, divided by age level and geographic region, with over 100 audio clips.
- Eyeglass.com - Internet-based optical company that eliminates retail rent, labor, fancy dislays, lab equipment and sales commissions enabling consumers to purchase high quality name brand eyeglass frames for prices from $15 to $90 per frame. Customers then have their prescripton filled locally.
- Collecting Channel - For avid collectors of all kinds; consumers can access the latest information on topics such as antiques, sports, stamps and coins through up-to-minute audio/video programming, news articles, expert opinions and magazines.
- DentalXchange - One-stop online shop of dental information, services, and products. Includes online ordering, continuing education courses, web site development, marketing tools, new product information, job boards, a comprehensive dental directory and practice management tools for dentists, hygienists, office staff, lab technicians and dental professionals.
Copyright © 2000 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of