New Sites on the Web from Week of January 21, 2002
- Stolen Computers - A free resource and recovery aid for people and companies who have had their computers and other hardware stolen. Provides a free service to individuals, businesses, School Districts and Government offices to list information about their lost or stolen hardware. Also available for free is Bounty Hunter, computer tracking software.
- Terrorism: Questions and Answers - A unique online encyclopedia of terrorism and America's response to give the public an easy-to-read, authoritative primer on what the experts know--and don't know. Content on the site has been carefully researched, reported, and written by the Council on Foreign Relations, the nation's leading foreign policy organization.
- DogFriendly.com - Publishes travel guides for dog owners. Its motto is "Go Places With Your Dog," and it is dedicated to finding places that people and canines can enjoy together. The site now offers dog owners an easy to print and take California dog travel guide ebook. With over 1,400 dog-friendly accommodations, attractions, outdoor restaurants, parks and emergency vets throughout California, a dog lover is sure to find a great getaway spot.
- Texas Adoption Resource Exchange - The new site was designed to be able to reach and secure the interest of families willing to provide a loving home to older children. The information provided on the site includes photos, videos and sibling information, as well as details about the child's physical, emotional, medical or other special needs.
- Kentucky Derby - Churchill Downs Incorporated this week relaunched the official 2002 Kentucky Derby Web site. The revamped site provides complete coverage of North America's greatest horse race, the Kentucky Derby, and its sister race, the Kentucky Oaks, and includes several interactive features sure to engage racing fans.
- Super Bowl - The official Web site for fans of America's biggest event - Super Bowl XXXVI. Takes fans inside the events, the history, the locker room and press conferences. Fans will be able to vote exclusively on Superbowl.com in the fourth quarter for the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player. The site will cover the pageantry and pop culture aspects of the Super Bowl with celebrity interviews, behind-the-scenes coverage of Super Bowl parties and special events.
- EaT mY PhOnE - Converts any picture into a phone-ready icon. Members can upload photos, edit them online, and send them directly to any Nokia mobile phone that allows picture messaging. Members can also choose from thousands of images and graphics in the EaT mY PhOnE gallery.
- Fatchoising.com - An online community for Mahjong players around the globe. Friends and family members in different parts of the world can meet for a game and chat as if they were in the same room. You can play for either fun or for real money in the online version of the game.
- American Boardsports - An authentic, branding and technology company that designs, develops and manufactures high-end actionsports performance consumer products. Designed to attract Generation "X" and "Y" consumers, the site features "Flash" video graphics and animation sequences of riders demonstrating their passion for the sport including snowboarding, wakeboarding, and skateboarding.
- Fountainhead Entertainment - This site has released Sidrial(TM), a Total Conversion game expansion for Quake III Arena(TM). Sidrial is available as a free downloadable game expansion featuring animations, characters and scenes from the original animated feature, Sidrial. Fountainhead Entertainment develops and produces animation, documentaries, and specializes in new media.
- CancerTrialsHelp.org - Employers looking for assistance in helping their workers, especially with insurance issues, can now turn to this online resource. A new Employer Resources section of the site provides education and practical information, including summaries of the current state of insurance coverage for cancer clinical trials. Sponsored by the nonprofit Coalition of National Cancer Cooperative Groups, CancerTrialsHelp.org is dedicated to advancing the awareness of cancer clinical trials.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of