New Sites on the Web from Week of January 22, 2001
- 11thHourVacations.com - Specializes in discounted packages that are a result of under booked flights, cruises and hotel rooms, from travel companies all over the world. Serves as a clearinghouse for these last minute travel bargains. Aside from the daily specials of cruise and land packages, the online travel company recently launched the availability of condominium rentals, from all across the world.
- Moonfruit - A personal website creation service that includes a hosted rich media platform, a drag-and-drop library of rich media features and content, a range of customizable templates, setup and customization services, and ongoing end-user support.
- Plastic - A news filter and community site devoted to pop culture. Plastic is a live collaboration between the Web's smartest readers and the Web's smartest editors, a place to suggest and discuss the most worthwhile news, opinions, rumors, humor, and anecdotes online.
- Web2ftp - Using a web interface called web2ftp, Internet users can access any FTP server directly using a browser which removes the need for an FTP client program.
- Rumpus.com - A children's new media company. Kids can play games, view cartoons, send ecards, join the kid's club, find newest and coolest toys, receive a free Rumpus catalog.
- TheFence.com - The Internet's first dedicated debate community, where issues and current events enthusiasts gather to debate everything from politics and public policy to sports and pop culture.
- DripCafe.com - Drip(R), the popular Upper West Side cafe with a built-in dating service, has launched www.DripCafe.com, which brings Drip's dating system to other neighborhood cafes. DripCafe.com is now setting up dates at 10 different cafes all over Manhattan as well as the Tri-State area and Boston. The system generates over 3000 dates per month, with 10 to 25 dates nightly at the individual dateCafes(TM). Unlike any other online dating service, DripCafe.com schedules dates for its members. The emphasis is on the actual face-to-face meeting, rather than on the potentially misleading cyber relationship created with other services.
- SexHealth.com - A comprehensive sexual health web site. SexHealth.com offers a mix of current, in-depth news and information on most major sexual health topics including reproductive health, sexual dysfunction, STDs, sexuality and relationships, sex and cancer, alternative medicine and clinical trial recruitment.
- Exchange & Outlook Magazine's Workshop - A new hands-on Exchange Server 2000 Web site for the Exchange Server technical community. Registered users can interact with custom applications build on Exchange 2000, see the code that runs the site and reuse the code in their own applications, read articles about the site's construction and technology, and participate in peer discussion forums with other registered users. Registration is a free and simple process.
- IAuction - An online auction that offers quality products with quality customer service. Registration is free and easy. Also sells new merchandise and offers reverse auctions for business to business customers. The site provides a very robust platform for its B2B and B2C customers and carries brand name products.
- Belk - Operates 207 department stores in 13 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states. Belk stores sell top brands of fashion apparel, shoes and accessories for women, men and children, as well as cosmetics, home furnishings, house wares, gifts and other types of quality merchandise. Now featuring a new online Belk Gift Registry designed to provide premier registry services to bridal customers.
- Westmarine.com - The nation's largest specialty retailer of recreational and commercial boating supplies and apparel. Our catalog customers worldwide have access to well over 45,000 quality boating products and allow us to ship orders to more than 140 nations around the globe. A new insurance service enables boaters to receive multiple quotes from some of the nation's leading marine insurance providers with a single phone call or visit to the westmarine.com web site.
- Wineanswers.com - A 24-hour-a-day resource created by the Wine Market Council with the help of leading wine experts. The site features a searchable archive that will answer any wine-related question in just seconds. Or, visitors can email their questions to a wine expert panel and receive an email answer in 48 hours or less.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of