New Sites on the Web from Week of January 29, 2001
- Genealogy.com - Genealogy.com released its new 1900 Census Subscription giving family history researchers access to a wide selection of indexed, high quality United States Census Microfilm images. Now, census subscribers can have quick, easy, continuous, and inexpensive online access to nearly 31 million names from 10 states across the U.S.
- RateShock.net - A consumer information portal, RateShock.net was created as the destination portal for current power and energy news, a comprehensive resource for reliable analysis of the present power and energy landscape, and a useful tool for empowering consumers with methods for lowering their energy bills.
- SoapCity.com - The producers of the web's most popular destination about daytime drama are launching SOAPvivor II. SOAPvivor II is an interactive fictional cyber-drama where the devoted SoapCity Community first got to strand their favorite soap opera characters in a remote locale, and now -- in true survivor style -- get to vote one character off each week until there's a sole savvy and conniving soap duke or diva standing.
- Tonos - The first Internet site where music industry aspirants, professionals and fans can create music together, obtain guidance and collaborate with accomplished "hitmakers" and access the information, contacts and tools they need to further their music interests and careers.
- WeddingIdea.com - Enables couples to build customized wedding Web sites that are free from advertising, allowing them to use the Internet to announce, organize, communicate and display all the processes leading up to their wedding.
- American Institute of Skin Care Online Store - Wasatch Pharmaceutical opens a new online store whose products are developed medical therapies that successfully treat most of the serious skin diseases known throughout the world.
- Go2Call - Go2Call, an international, web-based PC-to-phone calling provider, introduces its special free calling service to landlines and mobile phones in more than 100 countries around the world, with the launch of the first PC-to-phone Free Trial option. The Free Trial allows users to call for up to 15 minutes - at no charge - with Go2Call's calling plans. You must pre-select the calling plan you intend to purchase once your minutes expire.
- Smart Cursors - Comet Systems, developer of the award-winning Comet Cursor software, has released Smart Cursors, enabling Web surfers to click on any word on any Web page and gain more information about the word or term. Three Smart Cursors are available: the Encyclopedia Cursor, the Dictionary Cursor, and the Search Cursor.
- Cancer-Pain.org - Cancer-Pain.org was developed by the Association of Cancer Online Resources (ACOR), the largest online community of cancer patients. Provides cancer patients with the education and support they need to obtain effective relief from pain.
- Infuzer - An innovative customer relationship tool for Web sites that allows users to copy dates and events from the Web or emails straight into their electronic calendars and personal digital assistants (PDA).
- Amazing Kids - A non-profit educational organization dedicated to inspiring excellence in children has launched the first online animation gallery dedicated to nurturing the animation talent of kids and teens. The Animation Station showcases "kid-created" animations, and includes a vast array of animation resources to help young people learn the art of animation.
- FrogMagic.com - Online shoppers can send up to five free mini-gift-packs to online friends, confidantes and lovers using just an e-mail address. These special gift-packs include chocolate gourmet lollypops from See's Candies and other treats. A person can select from a wide range of gifts, provide the recipient's e-mail address or chat name and let FrogMagic do the rest.
- OurBlackHeritage.com - The site has been created as an African American tribute and resource. Images of several historical documents are able to be reproduced for personal and educational purposes. Discrimination issues are apparent through centuries and this collection allows others to view these documents and put the issue in proper perspective.
- Raffy25.com - Texas Rangers first baseman Rafael Palmeiro has premiered his new Web site, Raffy25.com, which features information about his life and career as well as a variety of limited-edition baseball collectibles - many autographed by Palmeiro. Site visitors can currently bid on 400 autographed bats in honor of Palmeiro's 400th home run.
- OneGreatFamily.com - An online genealogical service that allows everyone to combine their knowledge and data to build one huge, shared database. OneGreatFamily.com is more than a simple collection of different family trees; using breakthrough technology the service is actually linking all of the family trees together into one great family.
- NFLCoaches.com - A new professional football Internet site is launched by the National Football League Coaches Association which is comprised of over 400 Head and Assistant NFL coaches. NFLCoaches.com will provide both the insight of the game's top coaches and an intelligent delivery engine for the best current news and information on the NFL.
- DigitalCandle - A company created by shareware developers for shareware developers. DigitalCandle is a major innovator in the distribution and sales of independently developed software titles and shareware products, providing simple and secure Web-based software distribution and promotion.
- Technology Review - The redesigned and expanded site will complement Technology Review's award-winning coverage of emerging technologies with web-exclusive stories and columns, in addition to featured vertical topic channels covering infotechnology, biotechnology, and nanotechnology. Enhanced community features will include in-depth discussion forums, mailing lists, polls, and reader surveys.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of