New Sites on the Web from Week of February 5, 2001
- FirstBingo.com - Specializes in the development and production of multimedia properties, most notably an exciting internet/television game show called TriviaBingo.com. The company combines the skill testing question aspect of trivia with the excitement and popularity of Bingo.
- HeadlineSpot.com - A new guide to thousands of the best U.S. and international news resources on the Web. From one spot, the free site delivers easy access to the latest headlines and the best wires, newspaper sections, magazines, television shows, radio programs and online news sources by topic or region.
- Vir2oso.com - Foodvision's new e-commerce site caters to the consumer. Vir2oso.com combines foodvision's highly acclaimed recipes, expert advise and holiday menus with top name products for the kitchen and home. The comprehensive website is filled with top brand cookware, cutlery and small appliances as well as the hard to find specialty merchandise that most e-commerce solutions cannot provide.
- QuickModules.com - An automated application service provider that allows customers to build and deploy online applications quickly and inexpensively. Without doing any programming, customers can create their database-enabled web applications quickly using online wizards. The resulting application and its associated databases will be transparently hosted at QuickModules.com and are available for access immediately using a web browser.
- TireSafety.com - Bridgestone/Firestone is now providing a free e-mail service to remind motorists when they should check the inflation pressure in their tires. The service is just one component of the company's new website, TireSafety.com , which provides a wealth of information focusing on tires and safety.
- Spamex.com - Spamex enables you to send and receive email without having to reveal your email address. With Spamex, you control who knows your address and who is able to send you email.
- RetailExchange.com - An online B2B global marketplace for excess consumer products. The exchange currently holds one of the world's largest online selections of off-price deals in such categories as apparel, home goods, electronics, footwear, health & beauty, toys, and giftware.
- LiveListings.com - Internet-enabled marketplace for truck, automotive and industrial aftermarket parts. LiveListings.com enables its customers to securely browse, buy and sell their products in an exchange environment. Through the largest database of its kind, the Company's digital exchange connects customers and buyers to competitive pricing and high-quality products.
- MyRoad.com - Allows students to develop and navigate a personal path to achieve education and career goals. It also helps students make direct connections between college majors and career paths. The site includes mentoring communities that offer first person accounts from students currently pursuing each major and from professionals working in each career.
- Waldenbooks Preferred Reader - Waldenbooks, the nation's largest mall-based bookseller, is now on the Internet. The new site is designed as an exclusive benefit for Waldenbooks Preferred Readers, one of the longest running retail rewards programs with members that number in the millions. Gives users the opportunity to sign up for Preferred Reader email so they can receive advance notice of special in-store promotions and hot new book releases.
- Invida - Invida is the first Web-based service of its kind featuring disease specific patient registries and original outcomes research based on experiences of patients with chronic diseases. Individuals with conditions such as migraine, depression, breast cancer, arthritis and hypertension can log on and join Invida, which offers unique medical and personal value to patients and caregivers seeking more control as they cope with their illnesses.
- Swaptor - Swaptor is free downloadable software, which connects the computers of users who wish to share files in the Swaptor online community. Once connected to the Swaptor community users can freely share and exchange all types of files with ease.
- CollegeRecruiting.com - Allows college recruiters to quickly identify high school students from around the world who can contribute to any number of the school's athletic, academic and extra- curricular programs. Recruiters can now contact prospects online and recruit them for their school. At the same time, the site provides college-bound high school students an easy and inexpensive way to promote their athletic and academic talents and skills to interested colleges.
- AutoHistory.com - A user-friendly, online resource for car buyers and sellers. With a database comprised of over 11 billion records on more than 315 million vehicles, this Web site can help you protect yourself against title and odometer fraud, lemon cars, salvage vehicles and numerous other hidden conditions that can impact the safety and value of your next vehicle.
- WizardWorld.com - An online marketplace where consumers and dealers can gather to track, value, buy and sell their collectibles.
- Chowbaby.com - Their slogan is "wine, dine, find it online." Just go to the drop down menu on the home page to pick your city, and voila, you have a Top 10 list of restaurant suggestions. Once you select a restaurant, Chowbaby.com offers a review including any special packages that are available. They even lets you type in your own reviews or experiences of a restaurant, for others to see.
- Travelago - Puts the world at your fingertips with easy-to-play streaming videos of more than 1,000 U.S. and international destinations - plus videos of hotels, attractions, activities and more in each destination. Get ideas for travel, learn about hot new restaurants and activities in the destination and compare hotel offerings. Travelago allows consumers to "see where they're going before they go."
- LiftTickets.com - The web site offers skiers and boarders a Power Search tool using eight different criteria, across 400 lift tickets from over 18 ski areas in the United States. Skiers and boarders can compare tickets and choose to purchase them at ticket windows, over the phone or online.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of