New Sites on the Web from Week of February 10, 2003
- Clear Channel New Music Network - This Web site makes it possible for aspiring musical talent to reach the public and the music business with their music via an online service provided free of charge for musicians and consumers. Artists are invited to register with the New Music Network and post links to their own Web sites free of charge. The site offers artist registration in a wide variety of genres, such as alternative, pop, country, funk, jazz, Latin and more.
- Here is New York - An exhibition of more than 6000 photographs capturing the spirit of New York and the events of September 11. "Here is New York" has established itself as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to archiving and exhibiting imagery related to the September 11 tragedy and donating the net proceeds from sales of prints to public charities that assist those whose lives have been directly affected by the tragedy.
- MusicSteps - An online music network that allows artists, bands, labels and customers to use the latest multimedia technologies to explore new music. Similar to an in-store listening station, the MusicSteps Media Station allows customers to enjoy full-length songs, videos and downloads to help make qualified purchase decisions.
- MusicBrainz - An open-source music meta-data service designed to provide an open standard for recognizing and identifying digital music files, while providing an alternative to costly proprietary offerings.
- Woodstock PDS - A New York-based software development company that offers new music software. The Woodstock PDS is the first software combining a full-feature media player with a Peer-to-Peer file lending ability. Users can easily play digital music, convert their CD's into MP3's, or listen to thousands of the best Internet radio stations. In addition, the Woodstock PDS incorporates a unique, patent-pending, file lending method that allows consumers to legally and ethically remotely access and lend their digital media files.
- WiredKids.org - Helps children help each other and others by virtual volunteering and allowing them to create their own content and ways to make a difference in the world. See a listing of children's favorite sites that are by parents and pass Parry Aftab's (Internet lawyer) legal scrutiny.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of