New Sites on the Web from Week of February 18
- Hardcore Jukebox - A source for hardcore, emo, and punk rock music. In addition to hits from major label artists in various genres, the music service offers a variety of underground, independent, and unsigned music from artists around the globe.
- PriceWheels.com - The newest online facilitator between consumers and retailers in the automotive industry. Serving as a one-stop online shop for consumers, PriceWheels.com offers new and used car information, as well as all products and service relevant to buying, selling and maintaining a vehicle.
- TheFence.com - A dedicated debate community, where issues and current events enthusiasts gather to debate everything from politics and public policy to sports and pop culture. The Fence contains over 500 debate boards and background articles ranging from current issues to age-old topics.
- CinemaPop On-Demand Movies - Video-on-demand provider Kanakaris Wireless is now offering movie buffs feature films on its Web site. The service offers people the option of watching full-length flicks in a streaming or downloadable format via a high-speed Internet connection. Until now, Kanakaris' content has been available only in a streaming format. People can access the films with their PCs on a pay-per-view basis for either $1.99 or $2.99, which gives consumers unlimited access to the film for two days. Consumers can also choose to pay a membership fee of $4.95 a month for access to more than 100 films.
- Marketing 24-7 - Provides personalized email letterheads and stationary by which users automatically put their email on company or personal letterheads, much as they would do with regular mail.
- ExxonMobil - A new interactive science and technology website which includes an overview of the science and technologies underpinning the company's global energy business. The innovative site features "amazing technology" links that invite the viewer to "take a journey to the center of the earth" or to find out why "life in space hangs on a high tech grease."
- PortalsCommunity - Provides a comprehensive, online resource for enterprise portal best practices, case studies, research, products, evaluation criteria, implementations, technologies, experts, vendors, conferences and education. Membership is free to all qualified IT and business professionals.
- International Speedway Corporation - A leading promoter of motorsports activities in the U.S. launches on its Web site a free 3D-enhanced Shockwave game, called Extreme Acceleration, to commemorate the first NASCAR Winston Cup race of the season. Racing fans can drive their own customized car through a variety of immersive 3D courses at high speeds, bringing the excitement of auto racing to their home computers.
- BuddyPhone - Make calls from PC to PC for free. Now BuddyPhone users can see each other during their calls. All it takes is a webcam and a headset to transform your PC into a video phone. And if you want to call someone who isn't at a computer, you can dial any telephone or cell phone number, worldwide, at very reasonable rates.
- Adolescent AIDS Program - The Adolescent AIDS Program of Montefiore Medical Center provides comprehensive medical and psychosocial care for HIV-infected youth, engages in relevant research and raises public awareness about youth and HIV. It is the nation's first and currently one of the largest HIV research, counseling, testing and treatment programs offering services to HIV-infected youth and at-risk youth between the ages of 13 and 21.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of