New Sites on the Web from Week of March 26, 2001
- NabiscoGifts.com - Lets Web users send collectible, creative gift containers filled with Nabisco Snacks. NabiscoGifts.com offers a constantly changing assortment of creative gifts, all uniquely packaged in memorable, reusable, collectible containers. Whether it's a giant-sized Planters can, a nostalgic wood crate or a beautiful picnic basket, the site provides plenty of options to help gift givers choose just the right present, no matter what the occasion.
- GroupCards - Allows Web users to send online greeting cards signed by a group of people for a multitude of occasions including birthday, get-well, sympathy and congratulations. Just think how long it would take you to get a paper card signed by your entire family and friends. A group card can be signed by anyone anywhere as soon as it's sent out.
- LuxLook.com - Authorized online retailer dedicated exclusively to the sale of luxury fashion accessories including handbags, leather goods, ties, scarves, eyewear and jewelry. Features current collection first-line accessories from Bvlgari, Dolce & Gabbana, Etro, Gianfranco Ferre, Loro Piana, Missoni, Moschino, Paul Smith, Valentino, Versace and Vivienne Westwood.
- Prop-R-Fit - The site will feature comfort footwear for men and women for all lifestyles and activities. The site also offers their many custom-molded orthotics to help in the prevention and alleviation of many foot problems.
- MDhub - A single web address for patients to communicate non-urgent requests to their physician. Anyone can send his or her doctor a message using the Internet. For those doctors who do not have Internet access, the patient's message is automatically sent to the doctor's fax machine.
- McAfee.com Kids - Contains Internet safety and privacy materials for parents, teachers and students. Provided on the site are guidelines for safe chatting, advice and lesson plans for teachers, information about cyber-stalking and child exploitation, and an extensive summary on child protection laws.
- ReadingVillage.com - A revolutionary online teaching tool that is dedicated to teaching preschool-age children to read. Through a unique patent-pending system called Power Reading(TM), youngsters can have picture books read directly to them simply by visiting ReadingVillage.com.
- Amicada - Has developed a technology for the delivery of full-frame, full-motion video, both online and offline, irrespective of a user's Internet bandwidth. This technology allows customers to deliver permission based content and advertising that combines the effectiveness of conventional, existing creative work (television ads, print, radio, etc.) with the targeting, personalization, interactivity and e-commerce offered by the Internet.
- Suespammers.org - The Suespammers Project provides a legal resource to help recipients recover from damages caused by unsolicited email, commonly known as "spam." Its Web site contains the texts of relevant laws, tactics for their use, case records, legislation news, commentary, and an active mailing list for discussions.
- Gospelcom.net - Gospelcom.net has given new life to the "Word" on the Web with its release of the NIV (New International Version) Bible in audio.
- Yearbook Interactive - Announces release of its new software program designed to help high school students create professional-quality, CD-ROM-based multimedia versions of their high school yearbooks.
- Crescent Systems - Crescent Systems today introduced PayDQ eBill, an electronic bill delivered to the consumer via email with the look and feel of a traditional paper bill. PayDQ eBill is delivered to consumers via email, and it has the built-in capacity for consumers to "click-to-pay" from their choice of a checking/savings account or a credit/debit card without the need for prior enrollment.
- Dive and Discover - The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) announces an Internet expedition in the central Indian Ocean called Dive and Discover. By following the daily activities and progress of the scientific mission, students and teachers in 22 states and Guam will be among the first to know of scientists' discoveries at the seafloor in one of Earth's most remote regions.
- Mootownmusic.com - Offering Internet visitors a site to purchase CDs and tapes by western music's best known entertainers, as well as get the latest information about these singers, songwriters and poets. The site also offers tour schedules, artist bios and updated information about western music.
- Mad Catz - Designs, develops, manufactures and markets a full range of accessories for video game consoles and PC gaming systems. The company will market and manufacture a full line of peripherals and accessories for the upcoming Game Boy Advance system.
- Lycos Talk Radio - Allows users to become radio talk show personalities, producing and hosting original radio programs from their own PCs.
- STEPOnline.com - With the help of students at Yorktown High School in Arlington, Va., and DEA Administrator Donnie Marshall, STEPOnline.com today kicked off its Everyone Has An Everest expedition, which will take students nationwide on a virtual journey to the top of the world with veteran climbers Nancy Feagin and Ben Webster. students will be able to track the expedition's progress in real time through live chats with Ben and Nancy, daily dispatches, streaming video and digital photos.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of