New Sites on the Web from Week of March 31, 2003
- CinemaNow - A leader in Internet-based, video-on-demand (VOD) and subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) distribution and technology. Through its growing list of content partners, the CinemaNow Website has become the premier destination for the authorized downloading and streaming of feature films on the Internet. Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation announced it has entered into an agreement to offer Fox films for download via the CinemaNow Website.
- SearchHLS.com - The new Web site provides a highly refined search of the entire spectrum of Homeland Security, from detection, preparedness, prevention and protection to response and recovery. Unlike other search engines that return volumes of extraneous information, SearchHLS.com retrieves information relevant only to Homeland Security.
- Tiger Jam - Fans of the Tiger Woods Foundation's annual fundraising event, Tiger Jam presented by Coca-Cola, can now access www.tigerjam.com , a new Web site dedicated to all things Tiger Jam. Aside from a visual history of Tiger Jams I - V, the site offers a vast array of information regarding Tiger Jam VI, and will serve as a permanent electronic home for future Jams.
- Virtually Married - With a Virtually Married Wedding Website, couples can post the details and maps for all their wedding events, have links to their registry, post 150 photos, receive RSVPs, provide information for travelers and much more. There is a sophisticated flash introduction to their site, as well as music and the ability to create a miscellaneous page that blends seamlessly with the rest of the website.
- Peregrine Watch at Travelers Tower - The site maintains two live webcams focused on a pair of peregrine falcons, Amelia and her mate, nesting high above Hartford on a ledge outside the Tower's 21st floor. The webcams provide real-time images of these rare birds, which are known as the world's swiftest birds.
- BoomBox Radio - The new BoomBox(R) Independent Music Network provides guaranteed worldwide Internet airplay to independent and unsigned recording artists across a variety of new music genres, including Country, Alternative/Rock, R&B, Rap, Mainstream, and Club Music.
- Simple Steps To Better Dental Health - Aetna InteliHealth, Aetna's online consumer health information website, has launched a number of activities for children on its consumer dental resource site. The activities are designed to familiarize children with dental terminology and teach them about the importance of good oral hygiene.
- FlashComponents.com - The subscription site is the result of a partnership between ArtToday and Flash veterans J. Scott Hamlin and Scott Balay. site provides an ever-increasing number of Flash interface elements for subscribers. Currently, more than 100 complete site templates are available, as well as 150 animations, 150 buttons and 100 audio loops. All of the Flash items can be customized, and many have been created specifically as Flash components.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of