New Sites on the Web from Week of April 8
- AskDrSears.com - Noted pediatrician, author and columnist Dr. William "Bill" Sears is conducting Interactive Health Conferences (IHC), which are available to the public for free via his Web site. IHC's are live, online interactive presentations available for patients and physicians who log on from anywhere in the world to view the programs and to join in by asking questions. Supported by educational grants, each IHC is hosted by Dr. Sears, and he often brings in top physicians in their respective fields to cover timely topics, giving parents and caregivers real-time access to these experts.
- CaloriesCount - An online program that focuses on long-term weight loss success. With registered dietitians and obesity experts working behind the scenes, members can participate for much less than the cost of similar sites. For just 16 cents a day (a six-month membership costs only $25; a year, only $45), CaloriesCount.com members receive: Healthy Meal Plans and Recipes, Exercise and Food Nutrition Content Calculators, Other Tools to Help Members Stay on Track, Timely Information on Fitness, Cutting Calories and Overall Health, and Expert Advice and Chats.
- DrawingRoom.net - A free, virtual plan room service that enables you to share CAD drawings and many other types of documents over the Web. You can create a private “filing cabinet” for your drawing, image, and document files; upload and store up to 25 files to your cabinet at a time; invite specific users (up to ten) to access your cabinet files (READ ONLY); use simple, intuitive collaboration tools to mark-up and comment on your files.
- Yahoo! Small Business - A new centralized resource for online small business services and solutions. Small business customers can access the necessary tools and solutions to establish their business online, sell online, and effectively market and promote their business and products online.
- Earl Jean - Designs, sources, markets and distributes luxury men's and women's jeans, related apparel and accessory products. Earl Jean products are available worldwide through Earl Jean boutiques, leading specialty and department stores.
- Verve Music Group - The site enables the user to listen to virtually every track from the entire Verve Music Group active catalog, which features recordings from 16 label brands. This includes all new Verve, GRP, and Blue Thumb releases as well as reissues of titles from Impulse!, Commodore, Decca, A&M, and the other classic labels that fall under The Verve Music Group umbrella.
- The Right Bits - The company's proprietary "Littlebits" codecs compress audio/video, optimizing it for Internet streaming and video transmission at data rates from 50 kbps to 250 kbps. For higher quality or longer video clips, Rightbits' "Bigbits" video and "MUZIP" audio encoders support streaming from 300 kbps (VHS quality) to 1.5 Mbps (DVD quality). Offers software that creates Videograms for combine text messages, graphics and up to five minutes of audio/video content into a highly compressed, self-contained HTML file.
- Panthera - Web site focuses on providing expert advice, and consulting resources to web startups and mid-market global companies.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of