New Sites on the Web from Week of April 9, 2001
- TV Guide Web Guide - TV Guide has launched a daily Web Guide with an emphasis on live events. The familiar grid pattern is used to view offerings from top Web sites by time, date, and format (chat, simulchat, Webcast, EnhancedTV, on-demand).
- The Official U.S. Time - This public service is cooperatively provided by the two time agencies of United States: a Department of Commerce agency, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and its military counterpart, the U. S. Naval Observatory (USNO). Readings from the clocks of these agencies contribute to world time, called Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The time maintained by both agencies should never differ by more than 0.000 0001 seconds from UTC.
- MyOnlyCatalog.com - A completely rebuilt destination site for online catalog shoppers, with wares of more than 300 catalog merchants and 24-hour, shop-from-anywhere convenience of the Internet. The site emphasizes a comfortable presentation of merchandise with images that may be enlarged and described in greater detail. The site currently offers more than 5,000 products, with a four-fold increase anticipated within a few months.
- Motorcycles Galore - An Internet portal site that contains an auction area, classified section, travel component, news content, an online retail area, outside advertisers, and strategic partnerships. Motorcycles Galore will be entering into the untapped North American motorized scooter market, marketing popular European scooters to the typical Internet savvy Gen X & Y college demographic, generally living in high density urban centers.
- ReserveWorld.com - Offers recreational visitors the opportunity to reserve from more than 23,000 campsites and nearly endless tour opportunities at various State Parks, National Parks, Monuments, Seashores, Lakeshores, National River and Recreation Areas, and National Historic Sites.
- BargainandHaggle.com - An online marketplace that allows consumers to negotiate one-to-one to buy and sell items ranging from sports memorabilia to collectibles, antiques and toys. The site uses a patent-pending one-to-one negotiation process, which allows buyers to negotiate directly with sellers on a first-come, first-served basis.
- News 13 Inside Las Vegas - Brings live views from inside Las Vegas straight to the viewer's desktop. It features live streaming video from many different sites around Las Vegas, including traffic video from major intersections, live cameras from inside local radio stations, glimpses inside some of the Strip casinos and even live television broadcasts from KTNV-News 13, the local ABC affiliate.
- VegTV.com - A streaming video network on the Internet that shows Americans how to switch to a healthier, plant-based diet. VegTv.com has gathered a group of like-minded professionals from the television, Internet and health-food industries to form an Internet Video Production House that develops video demonstrations of healthy, plant-based, environmentally friendly products.
- PlanetFeedback.com - Offers consumers a quick, easy and free way to register a complaint, compliment, question or suggestion with a company. Aggregated data collected in the feedback process is fed into a database, gathering essential statistics and key metrics on consumer attitudes, such as customer satisfaction, loyalty and viral power.
- Rawlings Golf - A manufacturer of high quality golf equipment and accessories. Rawlings Golf is geared toward the middle market golf enthusiasts by offering high-quality equipment at affordable prices. With a myriad of distinctive products, the Rawlings Golf line meets the needs of the beginning player to the avid golfer.
- PreviewPort - Collaborates with leading authors, agents, and publishers to increase awareness and sales of authors' works in the electronic marketplace. The International Author Index is a searchable database of author profiles containing photos, bibliographies, and biographies. Thousands of authors are benefiting from PreviewPort's FREE, updateable service that introduces writers to readers from more than 65 countries.
- IUMA - Vitaminic, the leading platform for the promotion and distribution of digital music, has re-launched its newly acquired artist website IUMA (Internet Underground Music Archive). Site functionality and syndication are restored. IUMA pioneered the delivery of music on the Internet in 1993 and is one of the premier artist communities on the web, hosting more than 25,000 artists and more than 100,000 tracks.
- 3dvillage.com - A rich 3D media publishing and Internet marketing company. They bring city guides, universities, sports arenas, golf courses, theme parks, travel destinations, tourist attractions, real estate properties and product training modules from all over the world right to PC desktops in interactive, real-time 3D. The 3D Tours(TM) enable visitors to explore rich, interactive 3D environments that are entertaining and extremely informative.
- FinalFour.net - The National Collegiate Athletic Association's web site provides fans with access to play-by-play feature that includes photo images, statistics and commentary, giving fans access and insight into all the Tournament action. The site also gives NCAA basketball fans courtside tickets to the action, providing news, statistics, expert commentary, athlete and coach perspectives of the Tournaments through Athlete's Voice(TM) and chats with coaches, as well as exclusive-to-the-Internet video footage from past Tournaments.
- Certificates.Gradschools.com - Allows prospective students to focus solely on post-baccalaureate, non-degreed programs, eliminating the hassle of sifting through thousands of programs that do not meet their needs. Programs are searchable first by subject, then by location.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of