New Sites on the Web from Week of May 7, 2001
- BuckTV.com - Offering turnkey auction listing services conducted by "Independent Web Auction Partners" where businesses and private individual can list, buy and sell a wide range of products and services over the Internet in an efficient, competitive and cost-effective manner.
- InsanitySauce.com - The new e-commerce destination offers up fiery sauces, salsas, spreads and snacks that are tantalizing to the taste buds, but definitely not for the faint of heart. The site offers a variety of other gourmet foods and condiments, each featuring its own distinctive "personality" and level of intensity. Colorful descriptions, along with a "hot-to-mild pepper chart," helps online consumers choose the ideal insanitysauce.com products to suit their individual palates and thresholds.
- HereYouGo.com - An Internet greeting card company that offers consumers a new choice in original online greetings. The site has created a distinct style of simple, colorful art, with a play on words and “insinuated” humor.
- Gourmetscoffee.com - Features include sample packs, coffee recipes, brewing and roasting tips, custom blends and a soon to be announced Coffee Club. The Coffee Club will allow customers to purchase coffee at regular intervals at discounted prices where coffee is delivered at your door every month.
- Crime.com - Features exclusive crime footage, crime-related news, localized crime statistics, tools to assist community-based crime-fighting organizations, links to victims' assistance resources, chats with prominent crime experts, and criminal background checks. Also provides unique coverage of events surrounding Timothy McVeigh's May 16th execution using two state-of-the-art web cams.
- Cyberextruder - CyberX3D technology allows users to submit a digitized photo of their face to a secure website. The image is then automatically analyzed, distinct facial landmarks are identified, and a highly accurate 3D model of the user's face is created within one second. A unique file is generated and returned to the user, which can be inserted into video games, websites, etc.
- PlanetFeedback.com - Offers consumers a quick, easy and free way to register a complaint, compliment, question or suggestion with a company. Aggregated data collected in the feedback process is fed into a database, allowing in-depth analysis and key measurements on consumer attitudes, customer satisfaction, loyalty and "viral power."
- eFashion.com - An online source for fashion, beauty, and lifestyle content. The site has launched the first ever "deep" search engine for fashion. The site's proprietary search technology contains over 1,000,000 fashion Web pages, indexed into over 10,000 categories. Also see the latest fashion news, photos, and original efashion.com content -- consolidated into a single easy to use site.
- SouthParkStudios.com - The Comedy Central site aims to quench the thirst for South Park information. Take a look behind the scenes at the town that's host to all the mayhem, learn about your favorite character, go back in time with the episode guide, and find all the latest news as it happens.
- National Lampoon - Even though National Lampoon no longer puts out a print magazine, its place on the Web still brings that un-P.C. humor from the 1970s to the next generation. You can find flashback articles from the Me decade and the Joke of the Week anaylsis is amusing. The site strives for its jokes to be as offensive as possible, regardless of them being funny or not.
- Relocation Essentials - Provides a "non-portal" destination that organizes Web-based relocation links and tools for many steps involved with moving to a new city. The site provides resources covering childcare, mortgages, insurance, schools, crime and other topics of interest to people who are being transferred.
- Homes & Land Magazine - Offers consumers and real estate professionals the benefit of a single resource of information and content. The site will excel because of the strength of Homes & Land's franchise magazine network, which has participated in the site development and content preparation. From the site, users will be able to search listings, find agents and browse the latest issue of the magazine. The site will also feature demographic data and information about community events and services.
- PlayboySportsBook.com - Playboy Enterprises has launched a gambling site, allowing betting on various global sporting events and accepting bets in 23 currencies. The site will allow betting on "soccer, rugby, boxing, snooker, tennis, motor racing, and golf; US sports such as the ongoing NBA Playoffs, football and hockey, plus horse races and greyhound races; and special events like the upcoming British General election to the Playmate of the Year.
- Origins.com - Origins features an intriguing collection of botanically-based Skin Care, Color, Bath/Body, Hair Care, Fragrance, Lifestyle and Sensory Therapy(R) products. There's something at Origins for the whole family. Origins uses age-old remedies from nature that have been perfected and sophisticated by science for the modern world. Its mission: Bringing you a sense of harmony, health and happiness. Inside and out.
- StubHub.com - Established as a way for fans to buy and sell tickets in a safe, secure and trusted online environment. Buyers and sellers go to the StubHub.com website to list or purchase tickets. Once there, they enter a secure area that allows them to transact in a discreet and easy-to-use format. StubHub makes all transactions seamless for buyers and sellers, acts as the financial intermediary and takes responsibility for the physical transfer of the tickets.
- Chowbaby.com - One of the most comprehensive restaurant sites on the Internet. Just go to the drop-down menu on the home page to pick your city, and you have a Top 10 list of restaurant suggestions. You can also select a restaurant by the type of cuisine you prefer. Chowbaby.com is also a total food and beverage resource, with extensive food glossaries, fast food nutritional information, culinary shopping and complete wine and beer information.
- The Team - The Team is a division of CHUM Group Radio. It's Canada's first 24 hour a day, 7 days a week all sports radio network with extensive coverage coast to coast from Halifax to Vancouver.
- Outrage Avenue - The State Department of Health's Internet-based anti-tobacco reality series, Unfiltered premiers on May 8). Unfiltered gives youth around the state a chance to learn about the harmful effects of tobacco through the eyes of our cast, teenagers just like them." The 10 to 15-minute episodes will be shown at www.outrageavenue.com, the state Department of Health's new, interactive tobacco education Web site and online community for teens.
- TryScience - Powered by IBM, TryScience uses the latest in technological innovation to create animated, multimedia interactive programs that are easy to manipulate and that encourage discovery. The site presents a new way for people to gain access to and discover the science offered by museums around the globe, including live camera "field trips."
- Ted's Turnovers.com - A group of rebellious ex-CNN employees, recently laid off in the TV-news network's recent wave of firings, is getting its revenge with a Web site that turns out to be something of a cross between The Onion and The Drudge Report. The disgruntled ex-staffers have put up a site call Tedsturnovers.com, named after CNN founder Ted Turner (who says he was fired himself - after a fashion - from the network he launched in 1980). It is billed as "a community site dedicated to the memory and success of those who, following the AOL-Time Warner merger, went the way of the dodo."
- BikeThisWay.com - Allows cyclists to find new and challenging bike rides in their area and from around the country. The website also allows users to create their own, and search for existing cue sheets on the Web. Rides are categorized and indexed so that users may search for rides based on a variety of criteria.
- RestaurantBeast.com - A premium, on-line network for food service professionals. Offers the latest information on operations, products and careers - and one-on-one exchanges with top industry leaders. Helps to match the needs and interests of qualified, career-minded restaurant professionals with progressive companies.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of