New Sites on the Web from Week of May 14, 2001
- Test.com - An online test and test prep center that serves students, HR and training professionals and educators as a mini portal with thousands of interactive, instantly scored tests and practice tests. Now, with its new Private Accounts(TM) program, it also serves as an ASP (Application Service Provider) to permit corporations, search firms, training consultants, colleges and universities, pre-K-12 schools, trade and professional associations and local, state and federal government agencies to set up their own seamless private test and survey centers.
- HomePortfolio - HomePortfolio.com, an Internet destination for the best in home design, unveiled "Talk About," a community-based online resource featuring a wide range of lively discussion forums on home design. For home design enthusiasts not sure about what hardwood flooring to order, where to get the best deal on recessed lighting, how to plan a kitchen or bath renovation, and an unlimited number of other home design questions, "Talk About" is the place to go.
- MVP.com - An online sports store, which is accessible through CBS SportsLine.com, features an extensive supply of licensed sports apparel, memorabilia and sporting goods from all the major brands.
- Marilyn Monroe the Diamond Collection - In celebration of the 75th birthday of Hollywood's most cherished starlet, Marilyn Monroe, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment unveiled a brand new Web site, supporting "Marilyn Monroe: The Diamond Collection," the debut of her most memorable and colorful films on DVD, and their re-release on VHS, following an exhaustive film restoration process.
- TrademarkTracker.com - A collection of artificial intelligence agents that scour the entire Internet looking for abuse of a client's trademark or brand and then determines if sites are authorized or unauthorized based on the criteria supplied. More than just a search engine, these "agents" are able to determine if the use of a client's trademark is from an authorized source, used commercially or offensively and in the appropriate industry.
- MyPettribute.com - Focused on providing timely, accurate and useful information about animal health problems and end-of-life issues to people with mature pets. The Web site has launched "Old Pets, New Tricks(TM)," a weekly cartoon series focused on the trials, tribulations and triumphs of senior pets. The series features aging dogs, cats, horses and other companion animals as they experience the challenges of old age or ruminate on the joys and jinxes of their golden years.
- Venetian Resort-Hotel-Casino - A Las Vegas hotel and convention complex offers guests the ability to plan their entire trip online at their fingertips. Guests now are able to book suite accommodations, show tickets and restaurant reservations, plan meetings or a wedding, join The Venetian Player's Club and even view high-resolution images of the property itself.
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children - A private, nonprofit organization which serves as a national resource center on child protection and victimization issues. A web voice service offers the public a new way to help find America's missing children. Using the microphone and speakers on a standard PC, visitors to NCMEC's website can click a "ringing telephone" voice icon to speak with a communications specialist.
- Spa Finder - The Summer Spa Spectacular promotion enables travelers to enjoy dramatically discounted vacations at the world's most exclusive spa resorts now through Sept. 30. The travel packages include airfare, meals and a choice of various spa services (e.g. body wraps, reflexology or aromatherapy massage, salon services and fitness programs), along with world-class accommodations.
- Overnite - Designed by and for Overnite customers, the upgraded Web site provides online shipping solutions and direct access to the company's most utilized e-commerce applications, bringing its comprehensive selection of shipper-friendly functions together through one, easy-to-use interface to save users valuable time and effort. Visitors can navigate overnite.com using the streamlined "remote control" providing quick access to Overnite's shipment manager, services, forms, coverage and company information.
- RealArcade - Media delivery portal RealNetworks Inc. opened the doors of RealArcade, a new service featuring 120 online games. RealArcade offers games from more than 40 developers and publishers. The site also includes message boards for gamers to share strategies and ideas.
- Subaru Rally Team USA - The portal web site provides rally enthusiasts with the latest news and updates from Subaru Rally Team USA for the 2001 SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) ProRally season. Racing enthusiasts can view images from the 2001 SCCA ProRally racing season, read team member bios, get a detailed overview of SCCA ProRally race venues, or send email to the team.
- College Fire Safety - Launched in the aftermath of student fire deaths in Texas, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, the site offers parents, students and college administrators a primer on safety hazards as well as residential life-safety technologies. Includes an inventory of significant hazards and related safety tips. The site also has an inclusive listing of fire safety resources in the United States and abroad.
- Valley Forge Convention & Visitors Bureau - The site has been publicly launched in celebration of National Tourism Week. The focal point of Valley Forge attractions is Valley Forge National Historical Park, a 3,600-acre expanse of rolling green hillsides, where soldiers' huts and Washington's stone headquarters recall our nation's proud history. Follow in Washington's footsteps to Valley Forge and historic sites throughout the region.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of