New Sites on the Web from Week of May 21, 2001
- SaferInternet.org - A Web site aimed at shielding kids from pedophiles, cybercrime and racism on the Internet. The European Commission has billed its new "Awareness Exchange" Web site as a vehicle for voicing concern and stimulating discussion about what can be done to protect kids from the seamier sides of the Web. Hosts a number of pages with information on everything from Internet content filters and rating software to hotlines for reporting fraud schemes and child porn.
- National Geographic - Pearl Harbor - Explore the wealth of information about the events of the attack on Pearl Harbor that happened almost sixty years ago. This National Geographic site focuses on the actual attack. Here you can see old photos and footage, read firsthand accounts, and read survivors' personal tales of heroism and disaster.
- PhotoStreak - PhotoStreak, an Internet Photo Accelerator, is a full-featured PC-based software program that provides fast and easy yet powerful image compression. It is available for a limited time for free. Allows dial-up users to greatly speed the sending of their images over the Internet up to five times faster than currently possible.
- Global Music Network - A Web site for Classical Music, Jazz and Opera has expanded to include six arts genres, adding Theatre, Ballet and World Music channels to its existing rich media music content. Features the latest in global arts news and editorial, and leads visitors to an extensive range of arts content on the web, including GMN's own sites ClassicalPlus and JazzPlus.
- American Land Lease - The site allows people to review retirement destinations throughout Florida and Arizona, the quality of construction of a manufactured home, and the lifestyle that an active adult 55+ community has to offer. Future homebuyers can experience what it is like to live in one of over 11 active adult communities plus two all age communities in Florida or Arizona. The site includes community information, home floor plans, maps and directions to the communities, and community activity and event schedules.
- ABSOLUT DIRECTOR - An innovative website that provides visitors with the resources, tools and technology to create your own digital movie. By allowing visitors to experience the magic of movie making, ABSOLUT DIRECTOR replaces the computer chair with a director's chair and provides the power to pick the shots, write the script and edit the film on a computer.
- eLearningToday.com - A highly interactive, user friendly Web site containing self-paced tutorials with step-by-step training. Each course is accompanied by a skill assessment module that helps determine the user's proficiency level, directing them to specific areas of the program for improvement. Printable charts and graphs show progress, and pre-and post-test options measure training effectiveness. Plus, a quiz and summary at the end of each lesson helps reinforce learning.
- JeffWard.com - A new Web site for Motocross legend and current Indy Racing League driver Jeff Ward. This dynamic site will break the mold of traditional racing sites by providing Ward with the ability to access and update his site 24 hours a day, giving his racing fans an up-close, personal and exclusive look at one of the sport's rising stars. An e-commerce application enables fans to purchase Jeff Ward and Wardy Racing merchandise.
- BoxerMath.com - The new free service from Boxer Learning, Inc., creator of the first comprehensive Internet learning environment for math, is geared to children in grades 3 through 12. "Is Your Child Making the Math Grade?" is a quiz that is designed to give parents and children an online experience that will help gauge what he or she should know based on the appropriate course level.
- Media Jukebox - Media Jukebox 7.0 software was released with several new Winamp features and performance enhancements that appeal to serious users of media players. Media Jukebox plays more than 70 music formats, including MP3, QuickTime(TM), Audible(TM), Microsoft(R) Windows Media(TM), LiquidAudio(TM) and RealAudio(R) as well as many video formats. Includes a new interface with support for Winamp skins in mini-mode, and also supports many Winamp plug-ins.
- Hershey's Racing - Offers fans an inside track to the high-speed world of racing. The site offers exciting content for visitors - including free downloads, photo galleries, and profiles of Richard Childress Racing, Dale Earnhardt and Kevin Harvick - while generating immense brand awareness for Hershey Foods and the new Hershey's Racing program.
- Sony Music Nashville - The newly re-structured site offers a bold and dynamic look and features a scrolling News Page (updated daily), Audio clips, New Breed (showcasing Sony Nashville's emerging talent) and a Contest/Sweepstakes page which will present a different artist-specific promotion each week.
- Maternitymall.com - The site offers ultra sound and baby image postings, preconception areas with ovulation and due date calculators, a chat room, baby names, message boards, featured apparel items, pediatric hints sponsored by Children's hospital, and a weekly email newsletter. The site includes great information with easy choices for reviewing each month of pregnancy and each month of a baby's growth and development.
- Music Buddha - A music-based company specializing in music research and recommendation products and services. Founded by a team of award-winning music professionals who believe that music is a highly personal and subjective experience, the company provides intelligent, personalized music-related data analysis to businesses and intelligent, accurately recommended music selections to consumers.
- PingGolf.com - An Internet experience for golfers wanting to be custom-fit for golf clubs so that they can enjoy the game more and play their best. Provides an animated, easy-to-understand, self-guided fitting program. A well-organized compendium of information about the company and its custom-fit, custom-built PING(R) products.
- FreeWebCall.com - The enhanced service offers members the ability to communicate using either PC-to-Phone, PC-to-PC or one of the new collaboration tools including text chat. The new collaboration tools include text chat between two or more people, the ability to share programs, transfer files and a whiteboarding feature. FreeWebCall.com does not charge connection fees or require a monthly minimum and offers an easy sign-up process.
- Freelander.com - A web site dedicated entirely to Land Rover's newest vehicle, Freelander. The Web site is aimed at igniting consumer interest in the soon-to-be-launched Land Rover Freelander, which will arrive on U.S. shores in Dec. 2001.
- Doug Stephan's Good Day USA - Doug Stephan's "Good Day" is the # 8 rated talk show in the country. The show is heard each morning on over 300 stations across the USA. The Web site features instant polls and discussion boards. Visitors to the site also can send email questions and comments to Doug Stephan, enter contests, view upcoming guest lists and even submit pictures for the show's online "photo album." They can also listen to each day's show "live" followed by a streamed rebroadcast of that day's show.
- Save.com - An innovator in online couponing and target marketing. Save.com delivers secure, universally accepted coupons online, which consumers print on their own printers, replicating the long-established behavior of traditional coupon redemption. Coupons will be updated every Sunday, to coincide with consumer habits of searching for values in their Sunday newspapers.
- Society Security Online for Women - The Web site is geared specifically toward the special retirement needs of women. The site supplies basic information on retirement and survivor benefits, disability and supplemental security benefits.
- Totalwoman.com - A vertical content network of web sites for women. A new advice column has been added to give women the inside scoop on work and fashion issues. The career advice column, "Work Life," provides Totalwoman.com visitors with the opportunity to ask questions relating to their careers and worklife.
- Veritas Medicine - An interactive resource where physicians, patients and their families can review cutting-edge research, treatment options and corresponding clinical trial options for over 40 different life-altering disease states. On the site, original information on current research and investigational treatment options is available to help individuals make well-informed decisions about their care.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of