New Sites on the Web from Week of June 3
- Mozilla - Mozilla.org, the organization that coordinates Mozilla open-source development and provides services to assist the Mozilla community, have announced the release of Mozilla 1.0, the first major-version public release of the Mozilla software. A full-fledged browser suite based on the latest Internet standards as well as a cross-platform toolkit, Mozilla 1.0 is targeted at the developer community and enables the creation of Internet-based applications.
- Activeworlds - A provider of 3-dimensional technology on the Internet has released Version 3.3, the most sophisticated addition to its 3D software. Version 3.3 will offer users many significant improvements including Direct3D 8 support, faster frame rate, slide detection, coronas, skyboxes, search capability, enhanced contact list, 3 axes object rotation, new movement commands, global SDK capability and on-the-fly terran editing and generation. Version 3.3 is a free download.
- The Home Depot Kitchen & Bath Design Center - The Home Depot, the world's largest home improvement retailer, and Scene7, a leading imaging software company, have launched the Home Depot Online Kitchen & Bath Design Center. This state-of-the-art design tool enables customers to experiment with 9,500 branded products in millions of combinations, allowing them to dream, design and visualize their new kitchen or bathroom online, create a shopping list and purchase products in-store.
- EscapeHome - EscapeHomes is the Internet's most comprehensive online resource for second homes, vacation homes and rentals, timeshare resorts, recreational and retirement real estate. Showcases a "town" page for more than 275 destinations, illustrating the unique flavor of each-- i.e. climate, local attractions and annual events. Additionally, EscapeHomes has formed exclusive arrangements with the world's top timeshare developers, brokerage firms, agents and real estate professionals providing them unprecedented visibility together in a unique online marketplace.
- AllProjectors.com - SPINITAR(TM), a leading audio-visual systems integrator and presentation products provider, has launched www.allprojectors.com to offer online evaluation and purchasing of leading brand name projectors and projector accessories at the push of a button. The extensive site features portable and desktop projectors for virtually any presentation environment. Customers can view detailed product information, special sale packages and clearance specials as well as purchase the product online and track shipments.
- XoloX - Amsterdam based XoloX provides powerful, yet simple to use, peer-to-peer technologies combining global communications, unparalleled media searching and information sharing with virally spawned user communities. XoloX originally burst on the file-sharing scene last summer and quickly gained a big following due to its ease of use, powerful search results and unforgettable quirky name (pronounced Zo-locks).
- Elvis Presley - Terra Lycos launched an Elvis Presley destination on Lycos, in conunction with BMG. The new destination and corresponding online promotion provide fans from around the globe with a comprehensive Elvis destination in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of his death.
- Pharmacies of Promise - The National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) launched a new website to promote Pharmacies of Promise, a national initiative of the chain drug store industry to support, mentor and reach out to youth in America. The Pharmacies of Promise program is part of the NACDS commitment to America's Promise: The Alliance for Youth, a national organization dedicated to building and strengthening the character and competence of America's children.
- The DTE Energy Kids Club - Reminds kids to play it safe around electricity. The Website provides youngsters ages 7 to 12 with fun games and information about electrical safety, science and technology and the environment.
- NoPop!™ - NoPop! destroys the pop-up advertisements that appear when browsing various Web sites. NoPop! is available at as a free download for a ten-day trial followed by a one-time registration fee of $24.95.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of