New Sites on the Web from Week of June 17
- Find Your Furniture - Designed exclusively to educate consumers about buying and caring for furniture. The site provides information about furniture styles, product photography and links to hundreds of U.S. furniture manufacturers' websites. Consumers also will find room-by-room checklists and general shopping tips.
- The Ortho Problem Solver - The web version of The Ortho Problem Solver offers in-depth explanations on how to diagnose, solve and prevent problems related to a comprehensive array of lawn and garden subjects, including: houseplants; lawns; ground covers; annuals, perennials and bulbs; trees, shrubs and vines; fruit and nut trees; vegetables, berries and grapes; household pests; weeds; plant diseases; insects; animal pests; soil, cultural and climate problems.
- WanaSaveaLot.com - An auction site that offers everything from appliances to real estate and allows buyers to bid on a product, make an offer, or purchase outright for a predetermined price. But what really sets WanaSaveALot.com apart from its competition is its fresh approach to auctioneering: all items for sale must pass through WanaSaveALot.com's warehouse before being sent to the buyer.
- ChannelOne.com - The largest source of news and information for young people. Its 12-minute news broadcast is delivered daily to more than eight million students and 400,000 educators in more than 12,000 middle and high schools across the country. ChannelOne.com provides current events, news and entertainment programming, new music, celebrity interviews and in-depth investigative reports.
- PubClub.com - The site -- www.PubClub.com -- is a creative on-line guide to major cities throughout the world. Geared for fun-seeking adults, its focus is on pubs and clubs with unique insight into the hottest and trendiest bars as well as the locals' "secret" spots. It also features orientation, transportation, lodging, sightseeing and dining details, making it a complete destination guide.
- Coke Music - Music lovers can now immerse themselves in a personalized, on-line environment where they can mix, listen and groove around the clock. Launched today by Coca-Cola North America, Cokemusic.com features streaming radio, music demo creation, music downloads and personalized V-ego avatar characters.
- Medsearch - Gulf War veterans and their families now have easy access to Gulf War-related medical research information on an Internet site called "Medsearch". The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) have combined their resources to create this one-stop shop of research information relating to the illnesses of some Gulf War veterans.
- Medem's Online Consultation - Medem, the secure online physician network founded by the AMA and the nation's medical societies, offers a revolutionary service that delivers patient savings, quality care and direct payment to Medem's 83,000 physician users through secure e-mail with patients.
- High-Speed Internet Access 101! - EarthLink's new Web site designed to serve as a resource for journalists writing articles that include information about high-speed Internet access. The new site will be updated regularly and will feature basic information about broadband Internet access written in straightforward, non-technical terms.
- Sothebys.com Online Auctions - eBay launches a joint site with Sotheby's. The online auction giant and the traditional auction house have opened their joint Web site and have begun to stock it with pricey goods and special collections. The new site is similar in appearance to eBay's former high-end auction site, eBay Premier, which Sothebys.com on eBay replaces. However, the new site offers a better experience for bidders and sellers.
- The Online Film Critics Society - The international association of the leading Internet-based cinema journalists is celebrating the first century of science fiction filmmaking with a list of the Top 100 Sci-Fi Films of the Past 100 Years. At the top of the list, according to the 115 members of the OFCS, is Stanley Kubrick's cryptic 1968 masterpiece 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- Microsoft Game Studios' Age of Mythology - From Ensemble Studios, the creators of Age of Empires and Age of Kings, comes Age of Mythology, a game that transports players to a time when heroes did battle with monsters of legend and the gods intervened in the affairs of mortal men. Potential players can sign up starting June 21 at the game's Web site to become a Beta tester.
- ElCheapo Domains - A registration service provider for the budget-conscious consumer. Offers registrations, renewals, and transfers of .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .BIZ, and .US domain names at the most competitive names in the industry.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of