New Sites on the Web from Week of June 18, 2001
- Arrangeonline.com - This site offers the National Obituary Archive - the world's largest repository of obituaries and death records with more than 50 million entries on file. The archive is updated throughout the day with information from funeral homes, news organizations, the Social Security Administration and other sources.
- www.Stopinsurancecheats.com - Provides information to consumers on the perils of insurance fraud, and what they can do to put an end to this $20 billion-dollar-a-year problem. Offers visitors educational and interactive pages that provide an overview of insurance fraud scams, prevention tips, and ways to fight back against such crimes.
- Tonos - A music company providing a platform for music industry aspirants, professionals and fans to create music together, obtain guidance and collaborate with accomplished "Hitmakers" and access the information, contacts and tools they need to further their music interests and careers. The new Tonos Musicians' Toolbox offers six categories of services and tools: Instruments and Gear; Copyright; Timestamp Protection; Loops and Tracks; Sheet Music and Tablature; and CDs, Books and Videos.
- GEAppliances.com - The new Digital Dealer enhancement to GE's site will fill the need for those consumers who want a fast and easy online shopping experience, making it simple for them to have the GE appliances of their dreams installed at home. The site allows consumers to purchase multiple items in a single transaction and choose delivery options. It also offers information about complementary products, accessories, extended warranties and other items.
- Devicetop.com - An industry-sponsored online community for Java developers building applications for smart Internet devices, such as Interactive DigitalTVs, Wireless Devices, In-Vehicle Automotive Systems, and Internet Appliances.
- Plussize.com - An online shopping destination for the plus size woman. The company's technology combines selections from dozens of leading retailers into a single digital catalog.
- YouthActionNet.org - An interactive web site designed by and for young people to create positive social change. A task force of eight youth leaders from Brazil, China, Germany, Jamaica, Nepal, Philippines, United States, and Zambia, will play an active role in building and promoting the site back in their own countries and around the world. The website provides young people a virtual space where they can share lessons, stories, information, and resources on how to lead effective change.
- BlackBooksCentral - A new online community showcasing the talents of African-American authors from Simon & Schuster, Inc. The site will be a source of exclusive content and supplemental information, as well as a place where readers can gather together to interact in the distinctive manner that has become a hallmark of the African-American literary community.
- GameSpy Arcade - A revolutionary online gaming environment that supports everything from the hardcore action games -- like Quake or Half-Life -- to classic, board, sports or strategy games. An online multiplayer game service, delivering superior online gaming experiences to millions of gamers around the world, free of charge.
- iCrimeWatch Notification Service - An online service which was designed to provide U.S. residents with detailed maps places where in their areas registered sex offenders are living, plus ongoing monitoring and notification when any registered offenders move in less than a mile from their homes. For ongoing monitoring services, the company charges a $19.95 subscription fee.
- WizardWorld.com - The online marketplace for sports cards, comic books and pop-culture collectibles. Collectors can build online portfolios to track in real-time the value of their collectibles. Users can understand - at a glance - what they own, what's it worth, what's gone up or down in value and what's missing from their collection. Registered users can buy and sell directly from their portfolios.
- TECHXNY - The Web site promotes TECHXNY, a weeklong showcase of conferences, summits, and new products that are shaping today's business and technology landscape. A key component of TECHXNY, the 19th Annual PC EXPO, June 25-28, 2001 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York.
- OverstockB2B.com - A Web store that will sell products obtained from manufacturers that are going out of business or are trying to rid themselves of excess inventory.
- Becoming Human - An interactive documentary experience that tells the story of our origins. Features archaeologists, fossil finds and artist renderings that reconstruct our ancestors' physical and geographical journeys.
- The Aurora Showcase - This is a unique site on the Internet where manuscripts are submitted by aspiring authors, reviewed by an editorial board, and judged by the public. Visitors to the site may read and review a chapter from any book at no charge, and then decide whether to download the entire book for a nominal fee.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of