New Sites on the Web from Week of June 19, 2000
- Snapfish - Provides the first complete photo service that offers film developing, printing, storing and sharing online, all for free. Customers pay only shipping and handling costs for up to 24 rolls of film each year.
- Shine! - An online directory of nonprofit charities. Users will find news and original features about causes and people, as well as new and innovative ideas for becoming more involved in their communities. The site offers a browsable guide to more than 650,000 IRS-registered nonprofits. Users can research organizations and issues.
- DriveThere.com - DriveThere.com is building the ultimate online travel assistant for motorists, offering members a vast array of services and information designed to make highway travel easier, safer and more enjoyable. Its intent is to provide for the motorist's every need by combining its extensive Web-based services with offline services such as emergency roadside assistance.
- Callrewards - Callrewards is paying its members to make free, unlimited long distance PC-to-PC calls worldwide. As the Internet's first company to combine free long distance with a rewards program, Callrewards also offers free calls to regular telephones in the United States and Canada from any PC.
- FreeTranslation.com - FreeTranslation.com is a simple, useful Web site for rapid translations where you can get the "gist" of foreign language text and Web pages. Translations are possible from English to Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Norwegian and Italian - as well as from German, French and Spanish into English.
- eLuxury - eLuxury's products range from fashion accessories and ready-to-wear to household furnishings and gourmet delicacies. Editorial features chronicle the luxury lifestyle, with insiders' news on fashion, travel, home and gourmet, executive style and spa and beauty.
- EarlyArrivals.com - An Internet site dedicated to providing products and information to families of premature infants. All of the merchandise offered has been selected by a group of neonatal specialists for the specific needs of these young patients and their families.
- NewCarDepot.com - A new car auction site designed to help dealers sell new cars that have been on their lots 60 days or over. NewCarDepot's auction format and extensive inventory allow consumers to bid on thousands of new cars at hundreds of dealerships throughout the nation.
- The Corrections Connection - Comprised of several specialty networks, each addressing a major issue within the fields of criminal justice and corrections, including Technology, Education, Healthcare, Food Service, Juvenile Justice and an International Network addressing worldwide crime prevention and punishment practices.
- Comedy World - An independent 24-hour entertainment network created to produce and broadcast original comedy programming. The network will mix live audio, streaming video, animation, interactive features and games that can be accessed via local radio stations and the Internet.
- Webdiving.com - Provides instantlinks to key words in your instant messaging text. Click on the links to go to the site with the best information on the subject of your conversation. Works with all instant-messengers (AOL, ICQ, MSN, etc.).
- Maporama - Provides maps and itineraries for all over Europe, the USA and Canada on the Internet, personal assistants, or on WAP phones.
- DomainRepo.com - A source for expired, unused and repossessed domain names. Sign up for the free service and you'll get a bi- monthly mailing from Domain Repo's Ryan Lee, who scans the thousands of expired domain names appearing each month and picks out those that look most useful for his readers.
Copyright © 2000 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of