New Sites on the Web from Week of June 25, 2001
- Nautilus Footwear - Promotes worker health and guards against injury by providing products with superior workplace performance features. Committed to introducing tangible ergonomic benefits into the occupational footwear industry. Their goal is that the feet and body of workers who wear Nautilus products will feel great at the end of their shift.
- HeidiSays.com - A website offering fashion, style and trends whittled down to each season's must-have pieces. The site offers simplicity, frank fit guidelines, and a focus towards hip women seeking an edgy, urban look.
- Volume.com - An on-line platform for self-expression and social interaction. With its "Live Loud" motto, Volume.com will showcase the voices, talents, and attitudes of the urban experience. The site is funded by Home Box Office.
- CubaWeb.cu - A Web portal for anyone with an interest in Cuba. Both English and Spanish versions are available. Volume.com is funded by Home Box Office, the premium television programming division of Time Warner Entertainment Company, L.P.
- MarketBoy.com - The first e-commerce site to offer the ability to compare prices, bid on and buy consumer electronics in real time all in one location. The company is based on the systems used in modern security markets where sellers (merchant partners) post their prices and buyers post their bids on a live screen that can be seen by all participants. These systems allow buyers to get the best prices and sellers to instantly adjust their prices in line with the marketplace in order to move their merchandise at their optimum price.
- VersionTracker.com - An online software resource and part of the TechTracker network, features current versions of Windows, Mac, and Palm OS software. Computer users can manage their personal software inventory by accessing hourly updates via the site, receiving automated email notifications, and utilizing a comprehensive searchable database of software, upgrades, and patches.
- Talentrock.com - A data-driven web site designed to provide an online recruiting alternative for high-tech workers in Southern New England. Talentrock is designed to connect candidates for employment with local high-tech companies, without the interference and fees of third-party recruiting agencies.
- HR4577.com - HR4577, also known as the Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA), is landmark legislation that for the first time requires K-12 schools and public libraries that receive certain federal funds to implement Internet safety measures. The site will focus on news surrounding challenges to the legislation, application procedures and deadlines that relate to E-rate funding and explanations of technology mandated by the law.
- ELLEgirl.com - The ELLEgirl brand will serve the unique interests of Generation Y, the first globally connected generation in history. Much like ELLE does for women, ELLEgirl and its multi-platform initiatives will provide teens with a sophisticated and fun approach to style that celebrates an independent attitude with an international flair. ELLEgirl.com will be broken down into five major categories: Global Girl, Shop Girl, Pretty Girl, Total Girl and Fan Girl. Each section will include exclusive online content and functionality, such as interactive e-cards, quizzes, games, chats and polls.
- Fireworks.com - Phantom Fireworks is giving people the opportunity to experience a full fireworks show in major cities throughout the United States, and even Paris. Individuals can select one of fifteen cities to shoot off a complete fireworks show. Some of the U.S. cities participating in the celebration include Washington D.C., Chicago, Boston, New York and San Francisco.
- VoiceGenie - VoiceGenie's Voice Web solution enables a company's customers or employees to access Web information, conduct transactions, and manage personal communications, such as e-mail and voice-activated dialing, by simply speaking into any phone. Designed to assist partners and customers at each step in the voice application development process, VoiceGenie Professional Services helps create a seamless, enjoyable user experience with voice-enabled applications.
- MyFamilyMD - A Web-based consumer portal that allows members to chronicle their daily health progress, medications, allergies, exercise and health goals and communicate with their physician via secure messaging. Users of MyFamilyMD(TM) can interact with MyFamilyMD(TM) assessment tools, called MedWizards(TM), to determine their level of risk for certain conditions, and are provided with guidelines on early risk prevention.
- drDrew.com - Offers teens advice and information on sexuality issues, relationships and health from MTV's popular "Loveline" host Dr. Drew Pinsky, considered a leading authority on youth-related health issues.
- ibuybroadband.com - Assists DSL customers and ISP's in finding alternative broadband connectivity. Visitors simply enter their zip code and their area code and prefix. ibuybroadband.com presents the available broadband services offered by its ISP partners and the visitor can comparison shop head to head the various options. The visitor selects which option they would like to purchase and ibuybroadband.com completes the application process with the ISP selected.
- The Great Indoors - Find everything you need for home decorating. With more than 10,000 products for the home, decorating advice, more than 100 design and "how-to" tips, plus interactive design tools, the web site is a home decorating store, guide and resource, ready to offer help and inspiration 24 hours a day. Organized to allow consumers to shop by room or category. The rooms featured are the four main areas of the home: great bedrooms, great bathrooms, great rooms and great kitchens.
- American Diabetes Association - The nation's leading voluntary health organization supporting diabetes research, information and advocacy. The site includes basic information on the types of diabetes and their treatment, healthy living with proper diet and exercise, and community health resources. Forums have been added to enable members of the diabetes community to share experiences, listen to experts online, and incorporate the site into their diabetes management.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of