New Sites on the Web from Week of July 30, 2001
- HistoryWired - A virtual tour of selected objects from the vast collections of the National Museum of American History. Here you'll have an opportunity to look at hundreds of museum artifacts, most of which are not currently on exhibit.
- USOlympicteam.com - The official web site of the U.S. Olympic Committee, offering a community of news, entertainment and resources for athletes and fans to connect with athletes of the Olympic and Paralympic Games. Offerings include: athlete profiles, Ask the Expert, athlete tips, online store, polls, history, education resources and more.
- BPJC Enterprises - A provider of the next generation of global online electronics products with a strong emphasis on quality and productivity. The product line includes electronics, cameras, optics, clocks, and watches.
- FedEx Custom Critical - A new application now available that will enable customers to view and print out copies of a shipment's bill of lading, proof of delivery and invoice. The online shipping documents are part of the Web site's Shipping Toolkit. In addition to the online documents, the Shipping Toolkit also enables customers to get instant rate quotes by entering the zip/postal codes of the shipment's origin and destination, as well as map and track current shipments from pickup to delivery.
- ClearedForLanding.com - Explains immigration in 22 languages. The site offers free consultations to people in California and England seeking an attorney. Additionally, the site offers a free nationwide immigration lawyer search service, business plan creation, message boards, free e-mail, and vital links to government offices, immigration resources, free immigration forms, processing times, and even a virtual immigration law library.
- National Headache Foundation - Offers membership, topic sheets on specific headache conditions and treatments, a list of educational materials for purchase, information about headache support groups, and exerpts from the NHF Head Lines - an award-winning, bi-monthly newsletter.
- @theU - A Web site for free information on financial aid, college planning, careers and internships, test preparation materials, and school and scholarship searches.
- TheBiggerPixel.com - A portal for stock photography sites. Browse the photographers here to find photos, pictures and photographers from around the world including photos of: animals, architecture, astronomy, flowers, food, history, nature, people, places, science, sports, oceans, transport, weather.
- SeeStorm Messenger - Speak naturally over the Net like you do on the phone. Visually communicate your emotions and facial expressions in 3D. SeeStorm gives the user unique online identities, or avatars, that add a new level of personality and fun to communicating and role-playing.
- HomePortfolio.com - A comprehensive source for information on home design products. HomePortfolio provides the most accessible and easy-to-use display of home design products and information on where to buy them. With a ZIP Code search tool to find local retailers, exclusive product rebates, personalized online portfolios, online discussions, and design ideas from professionals, HomePortfolio helps consumers envision and create their dream homes.
- Sequella - This site is designed to inform the public about tuberculosis (TB), as well as to outline the innovative strategy that Sequella is taking to combat this global health crisis.
- Super Hero Cards - Superhero business cards are replacing standard cards with exciting images of regular business people in superhero attire -- complete with capes, super powers and secret weapons. The double-sided cards feature an impressive superhero caricature on one side that also includes specific details about the superhero personality. The other side features a black and white photograph of the superhero's real-life identity and the corresponding business and contact information.
- FreeDemographics.com - Provides free, unlimited access to U.S. Census Data. Their products bring you the data you need to make sound business decisions by enabling you to analyze the demographic and market potential of any geography in the U.S.
- Beatgreets.com - Music greeting cards - the only place where you can send free music cards that includes your favorite rock stars.
- Webby Awards - The 2001 Webby and People's Choice winners as well as links to the winners from previous years.
- GoToMyPC - GoToMyPC allows you to remotely access your computer from any other Internet-connected computer in the world through a secure, private connection. GoToMyPC users connect to their computers and work on them as if they were there. Access to all files, programs, and network resources are available on the computer, including email. With its secure Web-based structure, GoToMyPC is fast and easy to use and deploy, and does not require any time-consuming software downloads.
- Imaginarium.com - A new online learning toy store for babies brought to you from Toysrus.com. Designed to help parents find learning toys that are actually fun, and suited to their child's personality and interests.
- A.D.A.M. Online Anatomy - A revolutionary clinical application that allows layer-by-layer dissection of both male and female anatomy through a web browser. The Company's next-generation technology is based on its highly acclaimed digital dissection application in use by leading higher education institutions and medical schools around the world.
- Kumeyaay.com - Web site is dedicated to the promotion and preservation of the Kumeyaay culture. The Kumeyaay Nation extends from San Diego and Imperial Counties in California to 60 miles south of the Mexican border. The new site clearly establishes Kumeyaay.com as the number-one Indian community site in North America. Internet technology allows Kumeyaay.com to provide both Tribal community members throughout San Diego and Northern Baja California access to an enormous collection of historical and cultural information.
- Arts4AllPeople - A resource for anyone or any group dedicated to the arts and culture, who wish to share or gain better insight into successful ways to build and enhance audience participation.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of