New Sites on the Web from Week of August 21, 2000
- Wiredscholar - Guides students throught the process of obtaining loans for college education. Webscholar teaches the loan process, choosing a lender, borrowing responsibly, and even repaying student loans.
- Greater Milwaukee Convention and Visitors Bureau - The official Internet source for Milwaukee information. Keep up to date on the latest news, events, group tours and more in the city of Milwaukee.
- Art Gallery Live - Provides a leading e-commerce platform and marketing solutions to the art world. The site allows the fine art industry to conduct business more efficiently and profitably.
- SeasonTicket - Destination for Major League Soccer fans that allows visitors to create customized video highlight shows, as well as view the latest scores and statistics.
- WeatherBug - Uses the power of the Internet to connect directly to the over 4,000 automated weather reporting stations that make up the AWS Worldwide School Weather Networ
- Net Talk - Integrates animated voice communication with leading Internet technologi for the benefit of business and commercial enterprises. The Customer Service Manager allows potential clients, who are surfing the net, to get real-time help from a customer support representative with live voice capability.
- uDate - Operates a high quality singles community that allows members to identify, communicate with and meet people having compatible psychographic and demographic characteristics.
- clubsonymusic.com - A web site bringing together various styles of dance music under the roof of a "virtual nightclub." Each "room" of the club will let users access sound clips as well as information about the artists and the DJs.
- All Things Photo - The site provides a dedicated search for photography and digital imaging Websites. Offers daily industry news and product reviews -- with an exclusive focus on the photography industry.
- Sightopia.com -A comprehensive online optical store for consumers to conveniently purchase eyewear and related accessories, and obtain expert advice and information about eye care and vision products.
- Dunk.net - A sports and technology company that provides consumers with high performance, customizable athletic footwear and apparel.
- CareScout - Any family concerned with finding quality long-term care for an aging loved one can now turn to CareScout.com for help. The site also offers to consumers listings of over 53,000 nursing homes, home health care agencies and assisted living facilities.
- Suburban Survivor - Parallels the actual CBS "Survivor" web site and contains character biographies, episode summaries, cast photos, and polls. Follows eight contestants left to fend for themselves outside a townhouse complex in Plymouth, Minnesota, a suburb of Minneapolis. Episodes of the parody can also be viewed on the web site.
- SuiteStay.com - Targeting the estimated 30% of condo and resort weeks worldwide that are unoccupied each year, SuiteStay serves as a central, proprietary database offering consumers complete access to this inventory. The company has combined the convenience of Web site access, multiple resort destinations, vacation planning through associated travel partners, and the personal attention of a 24-hour call center.
- The Attorney Store.com - A B2B portal for the legal community. Call up nine U.S. referral directories for attorneys, doctors, expert witnesses, investigation services, court reporters and more. Purchase everything you need from legal books and forms to computers to set up and maintain a law office and quickly link to other sites for case research.
- eharmony - Built on the concept that the happiest relationships -- the ones that last -- are most often the result of true compatibility and emotional health shared by a couple. The profile questionnaire delves into personal lifestyle preferences, communication style, values, beliefs, attitudes, personality traits, family background, birth order, energy level, intelligence, spirituality, special interests and future aspirations.
- FreeSamples.com - An e-marketing infrastructure company, providing a revolutionary new vehicle for brand managers to market their products and for consumers to sample products in a way they never have before. The Company enables brand marketers to efficiently and cost-effectively reach new consumers and receive real-time feedback on the sampled products.
- MobileWAP.com - A WAP search engine dedicated to finding the best WAP content available on the Internet. Its built-in electronic agent continuously searches the World Wide Web seeking and indexing relevant Internet pages written for WAP enabled devices in wireless markup language (WML) and adding them to its range of listings.
- ScotlandByNET.com - Fluent in Scottish culture, history, news and information as a highlander could want. The site fills you in on what famous actors, artists, scientists and historical figures have firm roots in Scottish soil. Other site favorites include: detailed listings of famous Scottish golf courses and fishing hot spots; a database of famous (and infamous) pubs and restaurants; daily chat with Scots across the globe; discussion boards; and research your genealogy.
- Babylon.com - Individuals and organizations can share their knowledge of specific subjects and simplify the way users retrieve and share information with new freeware from Babylon.com. This lets users access definitions and information from nearly 275 glossaries, covering everything from martial arts and fraternity terms to medical and legal definitions.
- GR8RIDE.com - A one-stop-shop where auto enthusiasts can receive up-to-date product information, how-to advice, consumer product reviews and access to industry-leading products and services from the brands and retailers consumers trust. Brings you everything from Truckin', LowRider and Sport Compact Car to Car Audio Electronics, Street Rodder and Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.
- BoydsStuff.com - A domestic designer, importer and distributor of branded, high-quality, hand-crafted collectibles and other specialty giftware products. Find the greatest bears and other critters frollicing in fallen autumn leaves, dressing for a night of trick-or-treatin', donning their newest winter sweaters, their holiday dresses and their warm and toasty scarves, mittens and hats.
- Re-Route.com - A new Internet service that provides e-mail "change of address" forwarding for consumers who change Internet Service Providers (ISPs). This new service, called Re-route, acts like an instantaneous "change of address card" at the post office. E-mail messages sent to your old address will be forwarded to your new address.
Copyright © 2000 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of