New Sites on the Web from Week of August 30
- eTunnels.com - A freeware-based virtual private networking service; registrants can seamlessly operate on files, folders, and even applications, PC-to-PC across the Internet as though they occupied the same LAN segment.
- Neoforma.com - A globally available product and equipment marketplace for healthcare organizations, from hospitals to physician offices; buy and sell used and refurbished equipment.
- Mjuice.com - Digital music store dealing exclusively in major and independent label music for sale in the MP3 format; the MP3-based secure song files deliver high sound quality, condensed file compression and player compatibility.
- E-ArtNow.com - The internet destination for artists and art lovers; the site features multiple online galleries filled with works by some of the world's most renowned artists.
- Sendomatic.com - Create, customize, and send electronic invitations and announcements in minutes; specific designs for birthdays, wedding or bridal showers, baby announcements, holiday parties and corporate events.
- NetJewels.com - Features a wide array of jewelry products including rings, earrings, bracelets and pendants with prices that range from $25 to $100,000; the jewelry contains diamonds or precious and semi-precious stones.
- EmailAnyone.com - Now anyone can receive email whether online or not; e-mail is sent to www.emailanyone.com where it is converted to a hardcopy postcard and mailed out to the recipient; the charge for this service is 33 cents.
- HomePage.com - Provider of free personal home pages; post and share photographs online; free photo scanning for members; simple-to-use template for displaying photos and the ability to create "talking pictures" by recording a voice to accompany a photo.
- HouseHoldDirect.com - A complete shopping community that offers consumers the ability to interact with each other on a wide range of topics; offers more than 300,000 products; become a member and receive consumer cost-savings benefits on travel, legal, entertainment, medical, and auto services.
- GovSpot.com - A government information portal; offers a collection of top government and civic resources.
- eTranslate.com - Delivers fast, affordable translation services for both traditional corporate communications and Web sites in any language.
- LastMinuteTravel.com - Brings together companies who need to sell at the last-minute with consumers who want to buy at the last minute; with My Travel Minder, electronically pick out the travel or entertainment offers that match the customers' stored preferences.
- BBQ.com - Offers everything consumers need to barbecue at home; purchase grills, sauce, meat, accessories and gifts, as well as recipes, tips and expert outdoor cooking advice.
- BuyingEdge.com - Offers consumers a better way to shop on the Web; buyers submit purchase requests and have them automatically distributed to many merchants who sell the requested product. Merchants receive purchase requests and respond to those requests using their buyingedge.com account. Buyingedge.com enables consumers to consult with merchants, solicit the best purchase terms, and conclude the purchase at their discretion.
- OnTap.com - Provides students with the tools they need to successfully navigate their way through college; peer generated information on sports, travel, social events, entertainment and campus living, expressed in a fresh, off-beat and informative style.
- Golf After 50 - The first Web site devoted exclusively to helping golfers get more from their game by sharing experiences and ideas with fellow online golfers over 50.
- LEGO Mindstorms - The Robotic Invention System enables kids ages 12 and up to design and program real robots; the addition of 3D streaming technology enables viewers to solve real-world, robotic challenges that are presented on the Web site.
- Planet Twinkie 2000 - Hostess has created a new treat just in time for the new millennium - Planet Twinkie 2000; utilizes the latest Flash and Shockwave technology; experience lively music, moving graphics and animated Hostess games.
- Worldwaters.com - Online store for fishing gear; products range from rods and reels to clothing and watercraft; read the latest fishing news; find out what is going on in the sportfishing world.
- Flowerbud.com - Online florist; use the Instant Order feature which only asks you 2 questions (1) about price range and (2) about inclusion of a vase; receive within 24 hours fresh cut flowers.
- Ironminds.com - A daily online content network with news and commentary targeting college students.
- Tendollars.com - An online gift site offering all merchandise for $10 (with shipping and handling of $2).
- Click2Learn.com - A learning destination site for IT and business professionals; online courses will be available from leading vendors plus short learning sound bites called 2MinuteTutors for immediate reference.
- CorvetteMagazine.com - Interactive magazine on the Internet for Corvette enthusiasts with sound and motion; updates on all happenings in the Corvette world; submit classified ads or locate treasures in the database.
- Visiosonic.com - Download for free the PCDJ; allows users to mix MP3 tracks, as a professional DJ would, to create a personalized music selection from the Internet.
- Days Inn - Hotel Web site for online instant reservations at the Days Inn; provides access to special hotel programs and promotions; learn how to invest in the lodging franchise system.
- Net2Dine.com - Designed for restaurant owners and consumers, Net2Dine.com provides a web-based restaurant directory on the Internet; diners and travelers may find a restaurant according to geographic location, price range or cuisine.
- Nordstrom - A fashion specialty retailer which includes both its Internet and catalog businesses.
Copyright © 1999 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of