New Sites on the Web from Week of September 3, 2001
- Winetasting.com - A digital marketplace of online tasting rooms, enabling consumers to purchase wines directly from more than 50 websites of California's most sought-after wineries.
- DataVoice1 - A user-generated telecommunications Internet resource. On the Web site, the company is aggressively promoting their "Equipment Sellers Marketplace," which is an area where users can buy, sell or trade new and pre-owned equipment, such as computers, printers, software, routers, hubs, infrastructure materials, technical publications and more.
- National City Auto Channel - The first site in the nation that brings together the auto manufacturer, car dealer and lending organization to make auto shopping more convenient, cost-effective and reliable than any other automotive marketplace on the Internet today. The service is provided free of charge to dealers and consumers, regardless of their current affiliation with any particular bank.
- MyRadio.FM - A multi-tiered webcasting solution that will appeal to anyone with a PC, a microphone, and a desire to have their own Online .FM Radio Station.
- GrooveDog Media - A magazine subscription website that offers a lowest price guarantee for subscriptions to popular magazines.
- Indiagriline - An agriculture portal whose mission is to provide a network of partnerships which bring commerce, technology and value added information to help expand the choices of rural India and make farming and small and medium enterprises of rural India more profitable.
- RealEstateJournal.com - Launched by the Wall Street Journal, RealEstateJournal.com is a complete guide to buying, selling, leasing, managing and investing in residential and commercial properties. A free site that helps residential real estate buyers arm themselves with the information they need to get the most for their money. It provides valuable negotiating tips, sales trends, and relocation tools for people who are moving up, seeking a new neighborhood, considering a job offer out of the area, or looking to determine their home's market value.
- Rabbit Media - A free media player that lets users view online videos easily and instantly. With Rabbit, movie previews, short films, amateur videos, humorous clips, etc. may be seen on Windows PCs without searching, broken links or browsers. After downloading and installing Rabbit, type the name of a clip, or pick one from a drop-down list and see it. Rabbit plays QuickTime and Windows Media Player files.
- Rand McNally - Rand McNally unveils its new 2002 Road Atlas, which allows users to quickly access vast travel information and custom road trip planning on the company's Web site. Simply by typing an Express Access Code on the randmcnally.com home page, 2002 Road Atlas users will have fast access to profiles of U.S. states and Canadian provinces, cities, Best of the Road(TM) trips, and a mileage calculator.
- AESOP - This fall, some 72,000 teachers in 80 school districts, servicing approximately one million students nationwide, will be using AESOP, which allows teachers to post their absences over the Internet for substitute teachers to view and accept as they become available. With AESOP, teachers register their absence online and include any lesson plans or notes. Once a job is posted, substitutes can view the assignment and accept it with the click of a mouse.
- Africana.com - Provides a place where people of African descent, wherever they live, can gather together to nurture one another, and to emerge refreshed and strengthened by new knowledge of Black history, Black heroes and achievements.
- BobVila.com - Bob Vila has spent 22 years in television and inspired countless home improvement projects. For the past 12 years, he has produced and hosted "Bob Vila's Home Again," in addition to authoring 10 books on home improvement and serving as a frequent contributor to "The Early Show" on CBS. BobVila.com is a leading site for home-improvement solutions, offering consumers inspiration, online assistance, products, and services to guide homeowners at every stage of the building and remodeling process.
- ChinaResource.org - Designed to contribute to the improvement of the conditions for China-related research and information access in Europe. Offers access to the broadest possible array of China-related digital resources. These include fully indexed databases of classical and modern Chinese language primary sources and digitized classical and modern Chinese texts for free use by all scholars.
- Zoog Disney - Designed for kids and tweens, Zoog Disney is an innovative, interactive programming block that blends Disney Channel's on-air and online worlds and is best characterized by the catchphrase "TV You Do!" Kids watch Zoog Disney on television and extend the experience online at ZoogDisney.com. A group of humorous, animated original characters, the Zoogs, guide kids through this experience both on TV and on the Internet.
- PartsVoice - Dealers and automotive repair professionals can conveniently locate and purchase OEM parts from Jaguar, Lexus, Porsche, Saturn, Suzuki and 30 other vehicle makes using the PartsVoice Parts Locator.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of