New Sites on the Web from Week of September 4, 2000
- The VC Comic - A popular parody of the venture capital industry, and satirizes the conversations between high-tech entrepreneurs seeking startup capital and venture capitalists looking to dole it out.
- PrizeGames.com - A games Web site that offers free play and pay-to-play, skill-based redemption games where players are guaranteed to win prizes. Currently features more than 15 single player free play and pay-to-play games, which include arcade, sports, skill stop, trivia, puzzles and classic solitaire card games.
- Bungo - Develops and markets a comprehensive suite of Web-enabled software technologies that are accessible to users from any connected device - - - computer, wireless phone/PDA, or Internet terminal. Introduces LiveMail(TM), a breakthrough instant messaging ("IM") system designed specifically for business users. LiveMail(TM) combines the best features of instant messaging, e-mail and chat in an easy-to-use, 100% web-based application.
- Club.Z.com - An Internet entertainment studio offering original online comedy, film, animation, games, live events, and celebrity programming. Features proprietary technology designed especially for live events. Offering a choice of four simultaneous video streams, the technology enables viewers to zoom in on one stream while three other streams are embedded and running within the same frame.
- AnswerLogic - The world's first answer engine, a new technology allowing users to get direct answers to specific questions. The AE1(TM) answer engine transforms a Web site into an interactive experience, enabling companies to increase customer loyalty by offering direct answers to questions posed in plain English.
- LuxLook.com - The first authorized online retailer dedicated exclusively to the sale of luxury accessories. Features this season's first-line accessories from Dolce & Gabbana, Etro, Gianfranco Ferre, Loro Piana, Missoni, Moschino, Paul Smith, Valentino, Versace and Vivienne Westwood. With a full range of handbags, leather goods, ties, scarves, eyewear and jewelry, Luxlook.com replicates the selection and experience of the brands' flagship stores.
- Weekends.com - Check out over 50 recreational activities for your weekends. Select a city nearest you and choose from hundreds of one-of-a-kind weekend getaways, from underwater hotels to romantic hideaways in the mountains!
- iRobot - The first multi-purpose domestic robot that can be controlled through a web browser from anywhere in the world. This revolutionary product, called the iRobot-LE(TM), gives its owners on-demand remote eyes and ears into their homes. With this roving telepresence capability, owners can drive around their home making sure it is secure, say goodnight to kids when away on business, check up on pets, and visit with elderly or house-bound relatives and friends.
- Cyber Ethics - Web site designed to help teachers and parents ensure their children are doing the right thing online. Represents a major national effort to provide teachers, parents and their children with a new learning tool -- responsible computer use.
- GoingToTheGame.com - A Web site designed to assist sports fans with comprehensive travel plans, with an impressive roster of sporting event information. From game schedules and accommodations to maps and weather, the innovative Web site provides the ultimate travel resource for sports enthusiasts.
- Worldwide Broadcast Network - My wwbc.net allows you to receive live programming in your own local time zone, select and store your favorite streaming media sites and shows in your favorites list, e-mail streaming media content directly to your friends, and receive up-to-the-minute notification of special events via automated e-mail services. Live exclusive webcast of this year's Annual MTV Music Video Awards live from Radio City Music Hall, September 7th, 10pm EDT.
- FreeToGo - Helps travelers take care of many of the inconvenient details that must be tended to before leaving home. Travelers can place their newspapers on "vacation hold," have a temporary stop put on their mail delivery, read the home town paper from the place they are visiting -- and much more.
- ThinkConnect - Seamlessly translates web sites to any wireless device with no site mapping, XML or outside conversion required. The technology translates content "on the fly" to any handheld wireless device regardless of browser, protocol or markup language so all wireless devices are supported with no additional modifications.
- PlanningPlace.com - Provides a way for people to find and evaluate senior housing options by offering free, comprehensive listings of facilities and their services throughout the United States. An online resource for seniors and their adult caregivers as they plan for every aspect of their retirement.
Copyright © 2000 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of