New Sites on the Web from Week of September 11, 2000
- Save Napster - This site provides a forum for lawmakers, record executives, and Napster's 22 million members to share ideas and discuss solutions to the critical issue of music piracy in the digital age. Participants submit solutions as well as rate and build upon the ideas of others.
- Yacksters.com - An online directory to the best live and on-demand teen programming the Web has to offer. Culled from YACK.com's database of tens of thousands of live and on-demand events, streaming media and chats, Yacksters guides teens directly to their favorite stuff online, from live chats with the hottest stars to hard-to-find underground cartoons and games, to the music videos they won't see on TV.
- HereYouGo.com - The Company creates original cards with viral advertising that is directly product related. Want to send your husband new golf balls? You can send a card and a gift all in one! Introducing a new line of flash animated greetings, "Its Your Ball," for sport enthusiasts with a sense of humor.
- Private Harbor - With telemarketers spending more than $60 billion annually to phone American consumers, Private Harbor(TM) Inc. has launched a new service that gives people the ability to get significant relief from these unwanted and annoying calls to their homes. For an annual membership fee of 18.95, they will notify more than 1,500 telemarketers to put Private Harbor members on their "Do-Not-Call" lists.
- Saks Fifth Avenue - The Company's first e-commerce site, offering a robust selection of Saks Fifth Avenue merchandise and complementary product offerings. The range of products offered include designer boutique merchandise, women's and men's apparel, children's apparel, shoes, handbags & accessories, fine and costume jewelry, intimate apparel and hosiery, cosmetics and fragrances, and gifts.
- Imaxo - An online service that rewards job candidates for the time they spend interviewing. It empowers candidates by allowing them to set their "Interview Price" -- the amount they believe is fair compensation for the time and effort it takes to meet with prospective employers.
- EscapeHomes.com - Created as a world-wide vacation guide to identify the finest second home, resort, new home communities and retirement locations. Helps its typical user research special locations for buying (and selling) real estate online as well as contacting a helpful local agent.
- LifeSketch - Provide its SketchBooks(TM) in beautifully bound, professionally printed versions -- debuting the first printed replica in the online scrapbook industry. And to simplify the process of creating online albums, LifeSketch will offer a new, free software application, SketchExpress(TM), to easily upload digital images to their site.
- Fandom, Inc. - Offers sci-fi, fantasy and horror entertainment. Features an online shop specializing in genre merchandise and collectibles, including action figures, videos, games, comic books and clothing. Visit Fandom Worlds -- online communities that permit users to enter, move about and interact with others in real time within computer-generated, three-dimensional virtual environments.
- iPlace - A definitive source for personal information management. Consumers now have the ability to access, monitor and manage their credit information, review their current home value, track their home equity like a stock, schedule home improvements, receive updates when homes sell in their area and analyze neighborhood home values.
- Next50.com - A new Internet service provider and complete network portal targeted to senior adults over 50. Offers an easy to use resource with an abundance of news, information, products and services tailored to the needs and interests of older adults.
- Investing Online Resource Center - A nonprofit Web site devoted exclusively to educating newcomers to online investing. Visitors to the site can take a quiz to see if they're ready for online investing, learn about online trading myths and their rights as online investors, learn where to turn for help, and find links to independent ratings of online brokers.
- Gospel Communications Network - The most-visited Christian website on the Internet. A revamped Bible Gateway offers such enhanced features as comprehensive full-text search capabilities, exact phrase searching in all 8 Bible translations and any of the 10 languages, result references providing links to verses displayed in context, clear cross referencing between versions and languages and audio scripture availability.
- Realbuzz - A Web site in the UK offering high-rolling travelers the chance to book their own holiday in space for $93,000. Alternatively, travelers may be interested in a journey to the edge of space in a MiG-25 - traveling at 80,000 feet above the Earth and rocketing at more than twice the speed of sound - for $12,000.
- ThePuppetCafe.com - The first-ever global community for puppeteering professionals and enthusiasts. The site celebrates and promotes alternative or fringe puppetry.
- MarsMusic.com - Offers visitors interactive music information, online music lessons, accredited music courses and access to a cyber-store containing more than 200,000 musical instruments and recording gear products.
- BizPresenter.com - The first complete online image resource offering a wide selection of exclusive Corbis images, New Yorker cartoons, computer illustrations and PowerPoint(R) templates for business people who desire compelling, visually sophisticated presentations, Web sites or other materials.
- SharkTank.com - An online legal marketplace providing a venue for introductions between businesses and individuals seeking legal services and attorneys interested in representing them. The site's 3,000 registered attorneys are in a multitude of practice areas from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- FMcities.com - Operates 950 internet radio stations and information websites through North America. Each city site features 50 different commercial-free music formats (from rock to classical, from jazz to R&B, from country to folk) together with news and sports, and traffic, weather and local information.
- FurnitureFan.com - Displays furniture manufacturers' catalogs in local retailers' showrooms. The site, with a search engine function, enables visitors to find furniture and then directs them to a local retailer for purchase completion.
- SeeItFirst.com - A provider of interactive streaming media solutions and services. Provides a way of delivering enhanced video services over a communication medium with limited bandwidth for both video on demand and webcasts. Allows image assets from streaming video to be delivered to any device, anywhere, as high-resolution "snapshots" even at the lowest connection rate without losing synchronization with linked content.
- Oil-Gasoline.com - Provides unique analysis of oil industry data, including crude oil price forecasts, to subscribers weekly. Its extensive archives are open to the public.
Copyright © 2000 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of