New Sites on the Web from Week of September 13
- ExpressDoctors.com - First Web site to allow patients the ability to request a doctor over the Internet and receive a visit to their home, office, or hotel, usually within one hour.
- WebEx.com - Free service which people using only a standard browser can meet in real-time to share presentations, applications, and documents; customers using the WebEx Meeting Center deliver spontaneous live data collaboration, telephony and managed-messaging seamlessly through their sites.
- LivingHeirs.com - Web site designed to help descendants of Holocaust victims trace their lineage to names included on asset lists and registries created during World War II.
- MyShoppingClub - The online shopping club provides members access to more than 300 popular Internet shopping sites, providing benefits including special offers on a wide variety of products and services, as well as access to the Internet through MSN Internet Access.
- MS Knowledge Center - Web site dedicated to educating people affected by multiple sclerosis (MS); developed with input from an advisory board of MS specialists, the multimedia-enhanced site offers comprehensive information on MS, the latest MS news, and feature stories on people living with MS.
- PartySmart - Offers an extensive assortment of party goods and supplies as well as free party-planning service, expert advice, money-saving coupons, prize-winning opportunities; the Web site also includes interactive features for each party season.
- Underneath.com - Leading retailer of brand name intimate apparel for men and women; brands upcoming or recently added include: Olga, Warner's, Lilyette, Maidenform, Bugle Boy, Hugo Boss, Nancy Ganz, Flexees, Converse, Champion Jogbra and Barely There.
- XpertSite.com - Ask questions of thousands of Xperts (real people) on virtually every topic and receive real, personalized answers to the exact question asked; offering users the opportunity to sign up to share their expertise with others.
- Remodel.com - Online resource for all aspects of home improvement and maintenance; includes a how-to-guide for home projects and a national database of home improvement professionals, as well as interactive tools to estimate projects or materials.
- Carfax - A new service for used car buyers; consumers looking for a used car can log-on to locate certified used car dealers in their local area; Carfax reports reveal costly problems like salvage history, flood damage, odometer fraud and manufacturer buybacks.
- eYada.com - The Web's first all-star, all-talk network; will Webcast live, original, and provocative programming throughout the day from its Manhattan studios; will bring a lineup of on-air personalities to the Internet.
- Liveprint.com - A personal-publishing portal, that enables visitors to create, print and publish live on the Internet; allows coordinated suites of identity items, such as business cards, letterhead and envelopes, to be created with a few simple steps. These items can then be downloaded and printed at the desktop or auctioned and professionally printed through the liveprint.com network.
- Flashbase - A free database service on the Web; the service enables businesses and consumers to collect, manage and publish information using only their Web browser; create directories, subscription applications, registration forms, order forms, surveys, polls and RVSPs for events and parties.
- Epinions.com - Leverages the power of word-of-mouth from real consumers; offers a network of trusted sources by enabling shoppers to collect advice and recommendations from like-minded consumers, also provides consumers with links to professional product reviews and buying guides.
- Classified Warehouse - Aggregates daily updated employment, automotive, and real estate listings from hundreds of newspapers and other Internet content providers; enables buyers and advertisers to conduct transactions.
- Mail Call® - Provides a convenient and easy method of accessing and managing E-Mail from any telephone in the world, without having your computer! The system will go to your existing E-Mail box, and read your E-Mail to you (in English or Spanish) using state-of-the-art computerized text-to-speech.
- American Blind and Wallpaper Factory - An interactive Web site for window blinds and wallpaper selections; allows customers to view blinds and wallpaper patterns, receive real-time pricing, order samples and complete a secure purchase entirely online.
- CitiQuest.com - Offers consumers access to an extensive network of local information for over 850 cities throughout the country; users gain access to a resource identifying local options for restaurants, entertainment, job listings, new home loans.
- CellMania.com - Allows consumers to shop for cellular phones, accessories, and service plans online; offers unbiased comparisons of cellular options; offer more than 10,000 service plans covering 90 percent of the nation and more than 35 carriers; will also offer content options (e-mail, stock quotes, etc.) for purchasers.
- NextPlanetOver.com - Online destination for the entertainment hobbyist; this community will not only offer original articles and online forums, but will also sell a wide range of comic books, games, action figures and other popular entertainment products.
- BestRate.com - Free services include price quotes on new and used cars, a vehicle title history check ("lemon" check), insurance quotes, manufacturer's brochures, new car reviews, safety and recall information, classifieds, leasing tips and loan/leasing calculators.
- ChipCenter - Comprehensive e-commerce service for component information, sourcing and purchase; designers will have data and purchase access to an inventory of more than a million electronic components -- and more than $2 billion in inventory from more than 200 major US suppliers.
- Formovies.com - An extensive database of video stores; the company has accumulated the largest collection of unique video titles on the net; search a video stores inventory by actor, actress or director and find out where to rent it.
- Barbecue'n On The Internet - Find more information than you thought ever existed on 'The Art Of Smoking, Cooking And Grilling'; read a brief history of barbecuing; weekly recipes; world of spices; BBQ tips.
- Musician's Friend - E-commerce provider of music gear; visitors can search for gear, shop, order catalogs or gift certificates, see and hear individual products, download free software, read an industry newsletter, review products reports.
- y2wear.com - Baby clothes and baby shower gifts -- good through the next millennium. Click on "y2togs" to see newest infant apparel; try "y2gear" for unique and timely accessories; y2tot line features rompers, playsuits, sweatsuits, bottles, baseball caps, bibs and more.
- ALFY.com - A Web portal for kids; play exciting games, adventures and educational activities designed specifically for kids up to age seven; this picture-based site features colorful, exciting animated graphics and offers corresponding sound and speech.
- theStream.com - A global communications portal; for a limited time, call any phone in the world for free from your PC using the Internet Phone Booth; no installation of software; the person you are calling doesn't need to be online because your calls go directly to their regular phone.
- BrainBuzz.com - An interactive community for network engineers, software developers and Java that combines news and product updates, tech centers and discussion boards, training and certification and IT jobs.
- Boating.com - All-purpose boating Web site in North America; designed to be both the Daily Newspaper and Yellow Pages of the boating and fishing industries; free classifieds; online store.
- VivaSmart.com - Online comparison-shopping service to help college students find the best textbook deals.
- GardenSolutions.com - Features Dutch bulbs and perennials from Breck's, nursery products from Spring Hill, seed mixes from Vermont Wildflower Farm, fruit trees and berries from Stark Brothers and more! Exclusive InfoDigger answers 10,000+ gardening questions.
Copyright © 1999 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of