New Sites on the Web from Week of September 24, 2001
- Resist - A free web resource to help teens respond constructively to the September 11 attack and its aftermath. Resist develops skills for managing feelings, promoting tolerance, and understanding patriotism. It offers research-proven methods for handling emotions like anger, grief, and fear, in a multimedia format teens like and can identify with. Loaded with rich imagery, interactive games, practice opportunities, and true stories
- eMedicine.com - The publisher of the world's largest online current medical reference, has created a compilation of its content as it relates to the recent terrorist attacks and is providing it free online and in PDA format at no charge to health professionals and the public. The Web based and PDA reference, the Disaster and Trauma ebook, includes over 100 chapters, nearly 2,000 pages of the most current information on Trauma, Terrorism, Biochemical and Radiologic Warfare.
- American Education Services - Offers a fresh look and an intuitive interface featuring products and services for planning for higher education, obtaining financial aid, applying for a student loan, making loan payments and managing a borrower account.
- Streamwaves - A streaming-on-demand Internet music subscription service that became the first such service to sign a licensing agreement with songwriters and music publishers. Streamwaves' service provides subscribers with the ability to stream music to their computers on a title-by-title basis by making requests from a list of available compositions provided by Streamwaves. The company provides several genre-based music services from which consumers may choose.
- 91101Stories.com - This Web site is a collection of stories, submitted by people who wish to share their perspective of that fateful day in history - September 11, 2001.
- Screenblast - The first-ever broadband creativity platform developed by Sony Pictures Digital Entertainment (SPDE), offering a digital sandbox for an empowered online community to experience, create and connect. Unleashes the user's artistic ability with easy-to-use publishing software ranging from fun, browser-based tools to professional grade software to produce their own music, video and animation. Users can pull from Screenblast's studio-quality audio and video asset packs to incorporate drum loops, guitar licks, vocals, or aerial shots into their own projects.
- CampusChamps.com - Designed to provide high school and college athletes with information, products and services for planning for higher education and obtaining financial aid. Offers a unique resource to student athletes whose dedication to sports may play a role in their plans for higher education. Provides visitors with a "game plan" for postsecondary schooling; finding the right school for their needs, applying for admission and obtaining financial aid to fund their education.
- Leafpeepers.com - The Web site features fall foliage reports and resources for New England, the Midwest, Rockies, West, and South. Each region has a hotline number, plus links to state foliage reports, photos and live cams.
- ProBrochure.com - A web site that gives small business owners, entrepreneurs, and professional corporations the ability to produce high quality, low cost sales and marketing brochures online. Customers can enter text and make image selections from a catalog of stock photography or they can upload their own images. Within 24 hours, you will receive a PDF proof of the brochure.
- EZ-WAYS - A new website which provides free assistance to those traveling via rail, subway and ferry through the Northeast Corridor. The website allows users to enter their origin and destination information, and will instantly produce a customized, point-to-point itinerary based on the user's exact requirements.
- ROOM500 - ROOM500 Virtual Assistants are off-site business and professional service specialists. They work from their own offices or home-offices, using their own equipment, software and supplies. A partial list of the available services includes: website design, logo design/creation, e-bay auction handling, internet research, personal shopping, bill payments, checkbook balancing, bookkeeping, legal, medical referrals, 24 hour concierge services, 24 hour answering service, mail receiving, travel planning, interpreters and translators, restaurant and hotel reservations, wake-up and reminder calls, and word processing.
- MWSWorship.com - A new web site formed by the partnership of Christianity.com and Michael W. Smith to promote his "Worship" CD project. The site offers users a forum to share their thoughts and feelings, the opportunity to buy the CD, concert dates for the Songs 4 Worship Tour, and a "Worship" contest.
- RegisteredToVoteOrNot.com - Web site allows New Yorkers to learn if they are registered to vote, where they can vote, and what candidates are on the ballot in their district. Users can find out if they are registered simply by entering their last name and birthday.
- Transtock - A unique stock photography business specializing in transportation photography. Transtock has created the largest searchable database of high-quality transportation photos on the Web. Its image bank includes more than 20,000 photographs taken in locations around the globe by some of the world's finest photographers.
- TenantWise - The site offers free, searchable listings of office availabilities in Manhattan, tenant representation services with a below-market fee schedule, extensive information and resources on the lease transaction process, and current market information and research. TenantWise.com does not charge landlords or brokers to list space on the site and, as a result, has one of the most complete listings services available in Manhattan. These listings are free and can be accessed by tenants, brokers and landlords.
- The Metropolitan - KSI Services has created an unprecedented line of luxury apartment communities in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. All of the elegant communities of the Metropolitan line reward their residents with prime location, amenities, design and service.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of