New Sites on the Web from Week of October 1, 2001
- The Space Store - With the shortage of American flag memorabilia in stores across the country, The Space Store(TM), an online space retail outlet, has come to the rescue of consumers nationwide with a variety of hard-to-get American flag-based items. Proceeds from the sale of these patriotic items will be donated to the American Red Cross for the disaster relief fund. Visitors will find a selection of American Flag patches, lapel pins and stickers.
- EuropeGuidebook - A travel guidebook that delivers content to American travelers on European cities and countries. France, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Italy, Germany and Spain are currently featured on the site. Visitors will find the current temperature and weather conditions on over 1,000 European cities. Visitors will also be able to book hotel rooms as well as chateaus, rent or lease cars, check out restaurants, nightlife, museums and festivals.
- The 1900s - This site is a treasure trove of historical audio spanning the 20th century. Here, preserved, are clips taken from cylinders, radio transmissions, television, and other audio recordings featuring figures, music, and events from the American past. Hear John Philip Souza playing his own marching Music; Teddy Roosevelt's speech from 1912 - a part of his "Square Deal Campaign"; and what is possibly the first audio commercial, from 1906, advertising a new line of record players from The Thomas A. Edison Phonograph Company.
- Food Network - The only 24-hour cable television network and website devoted exclusively to all things related to food, cooking and entertaining. Food Network's website gears up for "Full On Football," the ultimate tailgating party; travels the world in photographs and food with the "My Country, My Kitchen" crew; provides fun screensavers for "Food Nation" and "Naked Chef" fans; and offers Halloween tricks and all during the month of October.
- Storydata.com - A new Internet site that makes it easy for anyone with Internet access and a browser to do one-click analysis of news data that affects our world. Storydata.com assembles topical statistics on relevant news topics and makes them available in a free-of- charge, easy-to-explore format on the Web site.
- Lane Bryant - The nation's largest plus-size retailer introduces a new feature on the Lane Bryant website called 3D-ME@LB. Using this technology, customers can log onto the Lane Bryant's site and create a 3D model that looks just like them and "try on" more than 3,000 different outfits.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer - A new Web presence developed for UPN's drama "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." The site features in-depth "Watcher's Guide" episode summaries, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" trivia, fan polls, cast photos, behind-the-scenes action shots, exclusive video interviews with the creator and stars, a user-generated community and Easter egg teaser information.
- Electrical Safety for Kids - Florida Power's new animated Web site for kids focusing on electrical safety. The new interactive site, contains helpful electrical safety tips, games and useful information. The new site also contains a variety of educational information and is designed for kids third through eighth grades. The content was reviewed by educators to ensure it meets curriculum requirements and was tested with students to ensure it is a site young Web-surfers will enjoy.
- Activeworlds - Provides software products and online services that permit users to enter, move about and interact with others in a computer-generated, three-dimensional virtual environment using the Internet. The release of Active Worlds' Version 3.2 offers users many significant improvements including OpenGL support, software-rendering support, simplified modes for new users, skyboxes, cell grids, increased visibility ranges and additional firewall support.
- Originally New York - Designed with the purpose of helping New Yorkers find each other, through message boards, no matter where they are located in the world today. The Web site also provides uniquely designed T-shirts, allowing New Yorkers to show their hometown pride throughout the world. Visitors will also be able to locate a variety of links for donations to the relief effort, patient locators, and important contact phone numbers.
- Medium4.com - A leading edge streaming Media Company. The Company owns and operates a virtual TV network, called Medium4TV, comprised of continuously streaming, Internet-based, broadband channels. The channels may be viewed using the Company's channel-changing virtual TV set (vTOOB) proprietary, cross-platform, streaming media presentation and delivery solution.
- The Wine Basket - An online store launched by Monterey County winemaker and grape grower Scheid Vineyards Inc. The site is for wine lovers looking for that extra special Chardonnay, Pinot Noir or Merlot.
- etopps.com - Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the first set of baseball cards, etopps.com launches a new online sports experience that combines what people love about sports - world class athletes, the drama of competition, a ticking clock and real stakes--with unique trading cards and the power of the Internet. etopps is a place where sports fans can invest in their favorite players and pit their knowledge against other sports fans.
- BigFishTackle.com - The new Superstore powered by Bass Pro Shops offers approximately 60,000 items online, including a complete line of fishing, hunting and camping products. The online store also offers marine products, men's and women's apparel, and footwear.
- WebDialogs - A leading provider of enhanced voice and multimedia communication solutions, WebDialogs launches WebIntermeet, a new collaboration service that provides end users with an easy-to-use tool for invoking ad hoc collaboration sessions, or instant meetings, using a familiar Web browser. The service enables end-users to share presentations, documents, applications and desktops spontaneously in a secure environment in the context of their day-to-day business processes. Try it FREE for 60 days with no obligation.
- BuyCostumes.com - The world’s largest e-tailer of costumes and accessories. In addition to the huge selection of costumes, we offer products that can help clowns, dancers, theater groups, magicians and any other group of people getting together to have fun!
- CameraPlanet.com - This is home base for video tributes, memories, stories, and your creative expression regarding the events of September 11th and the future of the world we live in. Feel free to watch the videos, comment in the discussion area, and make and post your own videos.
- Rutgers University Undergraduate Admissions - The new site strongly promotes the benefits of the university to prospective and admitted students, parents, and high school guidance counselors, and encourages students to apply. Rutgers is a prestigious university -- a place of exceptional learning, rich heritage, creative thinking, accomplished alumni, inspiring teachers, diversity, and beautiful settings -- all at an incredible value for the level of education students receive.
- EXPO Design Center - A division of The Home Depot, EXPO Design Center has eight spectacular showrooms that offer an amazing selection of cutting-edge products and decorative accessories from the best names in home décor at the best possible price.
- Hundred Mile Plus System - A company whose mission is to deliver to the marketplace a gasoline fuel-efficient technology that will exceed EPA emission standards; one that will solve the critical problems facing the gasoline consumers throughout the world of escalating gasoline prices, and the production and sale of high fuel consumption vehicles. The Hundred Mile Plus System was designed to maximize present fuel resources by allowing conventional engines to run for at least 100 miles on a single gallon of gasoline.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of