New Sites on the Web from Week of October 4
- KBkids.com - Offers thousands of toys, video games, software, videos and collectibles plus unique, independently written reviews.
- webMillion.com - The Web's first free, multi-million dollar Internet lottery; Web surfers can register for five free chances to win the site's $3 million grand prize.
- GetPlugged.com - An e-commerce site that offers an interactive shopping experience for the audio-video electronics consumer for medium to high-end home entertainment products; composed of a network of affiliated retailers and custom installers.
- WetFeet.com - Web site to help job seekers at all experience levels to understand the opportunities, risks and culture of companies in the Web business; visit the Dot Com Domain, a virtual toolkit for making the match between job seeker and Internet employer.
- Mercury - The Web site offers a quick overview of each product in only a few clicks; Macromedia Flash movies provide an overview of each vehicle; the Mercury product line includes Cougar, Sable, Grand Marquis, Mountaineer, Villager and Mystique.
- Lincoln - The Web site aims to help consumers through the entire process of shopping, buying and owning; the Lincoln product line includes the Town Car, Navigator, Continental and LS.
- Callwave - Callwave's Internet Answering Machine is a free service that allows Internet users to hear who's calling while they are online; download and install the free software; instead of getting a busy signal, your callers can leave a message that you hear over your computer speakers.
- oneCountry - The international music video channel of Gaylord Entertainment; visitors can use the Gig Guide to search for artists' tour information, view the music channel's merchandise, get the latest news on their favorite stars.
- SpeedyClick.com - Offers more than 500 fun and free games and contests; users actually use their brains and have fun in the process.
- CoolAudio.com - A complete resource for home entertainment information; find the most complete and up-to-date information about Home Theater and stereo components, including product ratings, FAQs and reviews from industry experts.
- Mitsubishi Motors - Designed to take consumers on a direct route to creating their own Mitsubishi; allows consumers to choose a Mitsubishi model and then customize it -- from trim to options to accessories and price and then save that car; view finance plan options; determine monthly costs, and choose the retailers nearest their home.
- About Wines - From the Seagram Chateau & Estate Wines Company is a site devoted to serving the educational needs of the trade and wine media and educating consumers about wine and the entire Seagram portfolio of international wine brands.
- Sightsound.com - Offers music for sale and movies to rent or own for digital download from the Internet; film trailers, song samples and movie and music downloads.
- Web4Boats.com - Web site geared specifically for the boating and water sports enthusiast; list your boat in the "Classified Ads" section.
- GMBid.com - A luxury online auction site; features thousands of rare items spannng the realms of fine art, automobies, antiques and collectibles, show business, jewelry, fashion, signed movie posters and wine.
- mySlideshow.com - An online streaming media application that allows users to create and share streaming slideshows from their own digital photographs; offers users the option to publish their slideshows to the Web for either public or private access.
- HouseNet.com - Features products and services covering a wide variety of home enthusiast categories, including home furnishings, housewares, lawn and garden, tools and hardware, crafts and hobbies, home electronics, home entertaining, books and software.
- AviaBid.com - The Internet's first online aviation auction community; provides professional and recreational community with a meeting place to buy and sell all things aviation.
- Savingsbot.com - A financial Web site that allows consumers to open federally-insured certificate of deposit accounts (CDs) via the Internet.
- Spun.com - Real-time online exchange for new and used music CDs; users have the ability to exchange old unwanted CDs for credit towards the purchase of new or used CDs online.
- EF Moody - Comprehensive independent financial planning site designed for consumer knowledge and protection; features retirement planning, stocks, insurance, long term care, real estate, investments, annuities, and estate planning.
- Yodlee - Online service to help consumers manage and access all their personal accounts on the Internet; provides a consolidated view of email, news, travel, shopping, banking, bills, investments, mileage programs from one central place; a public beta version of the service is available.
- Town24.com - A visual shopping portal with a fully-animated navigation system; premise is to simulate a familiar town setting complete with community, streets, and shops; the streets are named for the merchandise sold on them.
- ePlay.com - Features homework help resources, educational tools, games and activities, plus related products offered through the ePlay Store; teachers have the ability to post homework assignments; provides kids with a research library with free reference books and online activity workbooks.
- GameArchives.com - A computer gaming site featuring free downloads of the best games available for the PC.
- Review.com - Provides online access to APPLY!, an electronic college application product; offers high school seniors an easy, convenient way to search for colleges, fill out the applications, visit the schools without leaving the computer, find financial aid and scholarship information.
- Scary.com - A "horror-lite" Web site from Spunky Productions; "creepy" interactive play and some original cartoons for younger children under the age of 12; gripping tales, spooky creatures, and interactive game play.
- Gloss.com - Online beauty retailer that brings women around the world the latest in beauty products, trends and inside information about beauty and fashion; the site features fragrances, skin care, color, bath and body, hair care, accessories and gifts.
- GameSpy.com - An online community for fans of all types of games; the site features a weekly newsletter, game demos and shareware, contests, gaming search engine, software, and discussion forums.
- Divorce Central - The Divorce Central team has developed this service to offer help, support, and information, and to give you the opportunity to communicate with others who are in various stages of decision-making, mourning, mediating, settling, and litigating.
- Internet Diamonds - The best selection, prices, and information to help you make the perfect diamond jewelry purchase; spend time learning the basics before you begin to shop; variety of shopping tools to help you find your perfect diamond.
- Tiger Electronics - A division of Hasbro, a manufacturer of electronic toys and games for the whole family; major product lines include Star Wars, Furby, Giga Pets, and Lazer Tag; view an animated online series, The Quad.
- LycosZone - Educational content and online games for children ages 3 to 12; all content is original and created for your child's learning experience.
- AKA, The Hip Hop Network - Provides the cyber-savvy hip hop generation a complete online destination point for hip hop culture; also features MIXMAN, which allows visitors to download and re-mix beats and samples free of charge; use the hip hop search engine.
Copyright © 1999 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of