New Sites on the Web from Week of October 8, 2001
- PC Jack-O-Lantern - The makers of PC Jack-O-Lantern software have provided a free American flag pattern for pumpkin carving on their Website. Allows users to create their own jack-o-lantern pattern scalable to the size of their pumpkin. The finished pattern is then printed out on a standard printer, taped to the pumpkin and used as a guide for carving.
- Upresent.com - Upresent's Online Gift Delivery invites gift shoppers to customize an occasion specific gift presentation or greetings for the recipient in the form of images, interactive games or questions, ending with the "opening" of the gift's image. Last-minute shoppers can avoid high shipping costs associated with rush delivery and create an immediate delivery of their sentiment with a photo image of the gift that is on the way, or a wrapped present photo and a hint.
- WorldSeries.com - MLB Advanced Media and FOXSports.com together have launched the WorldSeries.com Web site, the new official Web site dedicated to MLB post-season play. Offers fans the most comprehensive Internet coverage of post-season play available on the web. Fans can find fun new ways to be involved in the excitement of Playoff and World Series action.
- Entertainment-Link - A new resource for live event enthusiasts, offers an objective guide to Broadway, Off-Broadway, sports and family events, and helps users save up to $45 a ticket on Broadway shows.
- 11thHourVacations.com - The definitive source for last-minute travel bargains introduces Dynamic Packaging -- a new tool that allows travelers to easily create custom vacation packages and cruises. In addition to choosing from over 600,000 value-added vacations and cruises, last-minute travelers now have the ability to quickly and seamlessly add airfare to their packages.
- ScreenTime Media - Announces the release of ScreenTime for PowerPoint 1.0. The software transforms PowerPoint slides into screen savers in just three easy steps. All of the active PowerPoint imaging and animation is retained, reinforcing the key messages and highlights from the original presentation. Links can also be created from the desktop to the presenter's Web site, creating further communications and branding opportunities.
- Health Grades - A resource for health care provider ratings and information that objectively rates more than 5,000 hospitals in the United States by medical specialty using a five-star rating system. A five-star rating reflects top-notch care, a three-star rating reflects average care, and a one-star rating reflects poor care. HealthGrades updates the hospital ratings annually.
- Ulead - Ulead develops innovative video, imaging and Web graphics software for the desktop PC as well as affordable royalty-free media and enterprise server software. The Web site introduces Ulead DVD MovieFactory, a consumer DVD authoring program that makes placing home movies onto DVD and CD media a simple, enjoyable camcorder-to-DVD experience.
- YesRx - The Health Advocate Program at YesRx is a direct response to the increasing critical need for HIV patients to achieve full compliance with the medication regiments. This unique specialized pharmacy care program provides the tools, the knowledge, and support systems that enable HIV patients to manage a complicated drug regime simply and effectively.
- TrueCareers - A Sallie Mae company designed to help its borrowers and other college-educated candidates find higher-paying or more satisfying jobs. This new online service is free and confidential for candidates, and focuses on finding good jobs for highly educated, ambitious and talented job seekers. Hiring companies will have access to some of the most desirable candidates on the market, all in one place.
- BoomerShorts.com - An opinion/editorial and current affairs Web site; Charles Frost is the Editor and principle writer. Frost's writing targets and appeals to Baby Boomers about many current social concerns. He can also speak to the broad populace.
- 10 Downing Street - A statement concerning military action against targets in Afghanistan from the Prime Minister of England Tony Blair.
- AppreciateAmerica.com - Web site allows visitors to reach out to one another, sharing their feelings about the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and expressing patriotic hope for the future. Americans are encouraged to meet for dinner with family and friends during the next few weeks, share their thoughts about recent events and articulate what they cherish about the United States.
- The Digital Journalist - The monthly web magazine for photojournalism devotes its entire October issue to coverage of the terrorist attacks on September 11, shot by top photographers in journalism. With 130 pictures and 63 video clips, these photojournalists take the reader behind the lens to tell their own stories.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of