New Sites on the Web from Week of October 22, 2001
- Port of Los Angeles - Experience the historical sights, sounds and stories of the Port of Los Angeles. The interpretive Web site combines text, graphics, historic film footage, modern video, interviews, still photos and panoramic images. In addition, interviews with past and present workers and video clips are included on the Web site to provide viewers with a narrative of the port's place in Los Angeles' history.
- Brookstone - A completely revamped and re-engineered e-commerce site, the new web site incorporates the most consumer-oriented, performance enhancing features available today. The new site showcases over 2,400 of the most popular products from Brookstone stores and the company's two direct mail catalogs, Brookstone and Hard-to-Find Tools.
- Star Jones - Television personality Star Jones' official Web site in support of her new program titled "It's All About You With Star Jones" on ShopNBC, a leading national shopping network. A few of the many exciting features of the Star Jones Web site include the opportunity to purchase items featured on "It's All About You With Star Jones," Star's answers to frequently asked questions about her life and career, her exclusive personal photo gallery, a motivational and inspirational "Thought for the Week" by Star, plus information and links to her favorite charities.
- Chadwick's of Boston - Chadwicks online catalog has what you're looking for at prices that won't send you into bankruptcy. It doesn't matter if you wear average, petite, or plus sizes or if you're looking for career wear, outerwear, shoes, accessories, or casual weekend wear--you'll find something good here. It offers gift certificates, size charts and other useful features to make your fall and winter wardrobe shopping a breeze.
- Gloss.com - Features more than 5,000 beauty products from Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Clarins, Clinique, Estee Lauder, M.A.C, Origins, Prescriptives and Stila. Gloss.com also offers expert tips, customized tools, entertainment and the latest news from the world of beauty. The Web site was created for the woman who wants the best selection of prestige brands, access to beauty professionals, the latest news and trends, detailed product information, and excellent customer service.
- Lillian Vernon Online Catalog - Online version of the Lillian Vernon Catalog and it offers the same great gift ideas that the print catalog does. And many of the items can be personalized, making them an even more thoughtful holiday gift. You can find everything from yard art, to Christmas stockings, to baby quilts, to pink tool sets for the ladies.
- Hotmath - The site helps students solve the algebra, geometry, pre-calculus and calculus problems that are assigned from their standard textbooks. This first-of-its-kind service is already proving an invaluable resource for students who struggle with math homework and risk falling behind in class. The Hotmath helpsite is unique because it is the first to offer online homework help for the specific problems assigned by high school math teachers and college professors.
- Headsprout - Headsprout Reading is an online balanced phonics-based reading program delivered to the home over the Internet that teaches typical four- to six-year-old children how to read as they interact with a series of cartoon-based episodes.
- Main Street Merchants - Similar to Disneyland's legendary Main Street U.S.A, Main Street Merchants offers both general and Disney-themed merchandise. The new area is launching with product lines from premier licensing partners including Disney Home -- a line of Disney-branded colorful paints, bedding and bath products for children's rooms; and family-oriented sponsors such as LEGO.
- RocketNews - A Current News Search Engine and news distribution service that promises to revolutionize the business of finding and delivering the latest online news about companies, industries, products, events and people.
- TenantWise.com - The site offers free, searchable listings of office availabilities in Manhattan (currently over 4,000), tenant representation services with a below-market fee schedule, extensive information and resources on the lease transaction process, and current market information and research. TenantWise.com is engaged in the process of maintaining information on all tenants over 10,000 sq. ft. in size located in the destroyed or damaged properties in and around the World Trade Center.
- Pillsbury - To help with festive meals, family activities, shopping, decorating tips and more, Pillsbury has created a Thanksgiving-helper website. Offers quick and easy recipe ideas that will have everyone standing in line for seconds. The site also provides step-by-step entertainment planning tips, hints on decorating and answers to questions, such as how to make a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner centerpiece with items on hand, which foods to make first and if it's okay to freeze an unbaked pie.
- The Kellys - The Kellys is a weekly original animated series that follows the struggles and successes of a stock car racing family. Catch new episodes each Friday during NASCAR season.
- The Canadian Encyclopedia - Experience the grandeur and diversity of Canada through interactive maps, grahs and games. Read about the events that shaped Canada over the past 10,000 years.
- September 11 Web Archive - A collaboration between the Library of Congress, the Internet Archive and webArchivist.org. The pages documented freeze that moment in time, creating a kind of living library of Web pages as they appeared the day of the terrorist strikes - as distinguished from the usual Web practice of archiving only stories, not the pages on which they initially appeared. The site displays the many memorials, tribute pages and survivor registries that were created along with the sites posted by corporations and non-profits soliciting donations for charity.
- WTC Relief Info - A new Web site by the New York Attorney General that helps to coordinate the massive September 11 relief effort nationwide. The site contains information for donors and victims and to help ensure that charitable donations are being distributed equitably to all of the victims of the New York attack.
- KOHLER.com - Kohler Co., a global leader in kitchen and bath design, announces the unveiling of its renovated Web site. Incorporating navigational changes and a more simplified layout, the new site also features an interactive bathroom design area, design tips, and access to free e-mail newsletters.
- U.S. General Services Administration - A Website that has information available for federal workers who sort, deliver or open mail on how to handle anthrax threats. The web site offers basic training and an advanced tutorial. GSA is using the Internet to get the word out to the federal government, from mail handlers to senior leaders.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of