New Sites on the Web from Week of October 23, 2000
- Overboost.com - Provides content and builds communities for automotive enthusiasts. Offering reviews of performance and aftermarket products, vehicle test drives, streaming audio and video, same day coverage of automotive events, performance products and accessories and online ticketing, Overboost.com provides automotive enthusiasts a one-stop online destination to satisfy all their needs.
- Holistix - Holistix Inc. today announced that its Performance Index has been used to run free tests on more than 30,000 Web sites, making it the most comprehensive Web site performance index available. By entering a URL at www.holistix.net, a user can instantly test the performance of any Web site. This test gives users an indication of the response time that visitors to the site may experience.
- Brokersheet.com - OTC News Network announces today its latest feature, Brokersheet.com -- The first portal focusing on company-approved investor information kits. OTCNN is the first major daily online news source focusing exclusively on providing unbiased daily news coverage on OTCBB companies.
- BountyQuest - Lets companies or individuals post rewards for information that can be used to overturn -- or bolster -- a patent claim. BountyQuest will be used to argue patent violation claims, in which millions of dollars in royalty and damages payments are often at stake.
- CourthouseDirect.com - An Internet portal that provides electronic document inages of Deeds, Mortgages Releases, IRS Liens, Assignments, and other county Real Property and Oficial ecord filings via the Internet. The current database contains 10 counties in Texas and over 100 counties nationwide. Expects to have images for 85% of the U.S. population online by the end of the year 2001.
- Acurian - The source for information on clinical trials and innovative new drugs and therapies. Acurian is working to revolutionize the clinical trial process and bring both new drugs and therapies to patients faster. Provides you with information and registration instructions for industry- and government-sponsored clinical trials and give you up-to-the-minute news on emerging drugs and therapies.
- 1-800-TAXICAB - Introduces one simple number that passengers everywhere can use anywhere to call for a cab. No matter where you are in the United States or Canada, all you need to do to order a taxicab is dial our toll-free and easy-to-remember number, 1-800-TAXICAB. Now the same services are offered on the web. If you’re more comfortable online or you want to avoid dealing with a dispatcher, you can simply order a cab with the online order form.
- National Commission Against Drunk Driving (NCADD) -The new information center to assist states and safety advocates in passing .08 percent blood-alcohol conent (BAC) per se intoxication laws.
- WorkTrucks.com -The National Truck Equipment Assocation (NTEA) has launched a new Web site for the commercial truck and transportation equipment industry. Provides news and information about the truck equipment industry. Serves as a major online hub for industry participants to network, conduct business, and discuss issues around-the-clock on the Internet.
- Xrefer.com - This is "the Web's first reference engine" - a vast, ever-growing, interlinked reference library which allows you to search across encyclopedias, dictionaries, thesauri, books of quotations and reference works, some of which were previously unavailable on the net. Reference books used come from normally reliable sources Bloomsbury, OUP, Macmillan and Penguin.
- Harvey Entertainment - To celebrate Casper the Friendly Ghost's 60th birthday, a multimedia consumer campaign is being launched. During the last two weeks of October and the first two weeks of November, kids will be able to view behind-the-scenes footage of "Casper's Haunted Christmas."
- Appetite.com - Created to appeal to the tastes of everyone from novices in the kitchen to the most passionate European gourmet. 4appetite.com has searched through Europe's best stores, kitchens, restarants, markets and bakery's to bring you the best possible variety of European food products and ingredients.
- TooHome - An e-commerce company offering customers an expansive range of home improvement products delivered directly to the home. Products include kitchen and bath faucets, whirlpool baths, cabinet hardware, outdoor furniture, bath fixtures and lighting. Now offers its customers quick and easy financing with credit limits up to $25,000 and no prepayment penalties.
- SUPRO(R)SOY - The Web site features age-related health tips, nutrition news, background details on isolated soy protein, dietary management considerations, disease and prevention data, menu plans, and nearly 140 recipes.
- myVTV.com - Varsity Television(TM) ("VTV") has been launched on the Internet and, for the first time viewers will get to see real life from high schools across America by accessing the Internet TV site. VTV, "America's High School Network," will feature a current stream of content filmed by students for students.
Copyright © 2000 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of