New Sites on the Web from Week of October 29, 2001
- Survivor Africa - For the third consecutive season, CBS and Xceed have partnered to produce the official "Survior" Web site. The "Survivor Africa" site offers even more than its popular predecessors, with new features and improved interactivity. Topping the list of new features is "Survivor Insider," a subscription-based section offering an array of exclusive video clips, some of which will not be aired on broadcast TV.
- Geezer.com - Featuring 560 artisans from around the country, Geezer.com is the largest site on the Internet offering arts and crafts handmade by seniors. This unique nonprofit site not only helps senior entrepreneurs supplement their incomes and launch new businesses, it also provides carvers, tinsmiths, painters, woodworkers, quilters, doll and jewelry makers, and other talented seniors with a nationwide market for their products.
- Patriots or Traitors - A dedicated web site for the two-year "Patriots or Traitors?" 225th anniversary celebration of the Philadelphia area's Revolutionary War history. The site also includes a three-year calendar of events, coinciding with the historic battles and encampments that took place in 1777-1778 at Valley Forge and throughout the countryside.
- Biglotswholesale.com - A subsidiary of Big Lots, Inc., the nation's leading buyer of broadline closeouts. The B2B site combines the best of closeout retailing with online buying power and convenience. Businesses can now shop 16 product categories around the clock -- from toys and housewares to health and beauty.
- GoAntiques Network - GoAntiques is the antiques shopping destination of choice for millions of collectors and the online storefront for hundreds of dealers and gallery members around the globe. The relaunch of their site now offers 5 new shopping channels including the Select Showcase, Antiques, Collectibles, Estate Items, and the Design Studio.
- BargainAndHaggle.com - Allows buyers and sellers to negotiate one-to-one for everything from real estate and automobiles to consumer electronics, collectibles and sports memorabilia. Negotiations are conducted privately on a one-to-one basis allowing buyers to avoid being out bid at the last minute.
- Royal Resorts - The first live website that allows users to purchase timeshares online. Through its website, travel consumers may purchase timeshares from the comfort of their own homes. They are able to consult the website at leisure to research Royal Resort's track record and inspect the villas, pools, restaurants and even see the breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea from the balconies of different beachfront villas of its Royal Sands Resort in Cancun, Mexico.
- eToys.com - The new eToys Web site presents the toys that top every child's most-wanted list for the 2001 holiday. The eToys 2001 Holiday Hot List represents the best popular and learning toys for children of all tastes and age groups.
- Drugs.com - Drugs.com re-launches this week with a searchable database of over 24,000 prescription and OTC drug descriptions. Aims to be "first portal of call" for those seeking up-to-date, reliable information on approved pharmaceutical treatments. It offers a practical, user-friendly interface with intuitive search processes on an extensive database that will be updated regularly.
- National Virtual Observatory - Funded by a five-year, $10 million grant from the National Science Foundation, the Web site is comprised of a consortium of astronomers who have embarked upon an ambitious plan to put the universe as we know it online and within reach of mere mortals. The plan is to unite astronomical databases of numerous space- and ground-based observatories into a single, searchable database.
- Internet Archive Wayback Machine - Puts the history of the World Wide Web at your fingertips. The Archive contains over 100 terabytes and 10 billion web pages archived from 1996 to the present.
- Spiegel.com - The newly redesigned spiegel.com is enriched with new technology. Spiegel Catalog, Inc., overhauled spiegel.com to include new features that customers love, such as RichFX ZoomFX(TM) technology, streaming video and an interactive fashion quiz; meanwhile, loading times per page are faster by 30 to 50 percent. Spiegel meets the needs of today's multi-dimensional woman by offering apparel, home furnishings and personal merchandise.
- Training Dimensions - A management consulting firm is offering an online short course, Suspicious Mail and Anthrax. This course provides an overview of Anthrax hazards, recommendations for identifying suspicious letters and packages, and guidelines for what to do if you suspect it contains Anthrax. The course can be accessed free of charge.
- RiceRomp.com - A new web site provides an entertaining and attractive format tailored to grades K through 12. Kids can earn their "black belts" as they improve their skills in Math, Science, History, Ecology and more. It also provides a section for teachers and parents to access lesson aids and information to help in the classroom or at home. Developed by the U S Rice Producers Association whose goal is provide the learning tools needed in today's classrooms and homes, but to raise awareness of rice as an important crop here in California and the other U.S. rice producing states.
- NewPower - The first national provider of electricity and natural gas to residential and small commercial customers in the United States now offers the Energy Saving Center, a group of online tools to help residential consumers and small commercial businesses reduce energy usage and costs.
- NPDfunworld.com - A new toy and video game market information service. Enables on-demand access to comprehensive toy and video game marketing information. This customizable site provides information on market performance and trends from NPD, plus third-party content, feeds and links.
- Foster Farms - Helps you prepare the perfect turkey dinner with its Turkey Helpline and Web site. Foster Farms turkey specialists are on hand to help thousands of holiday chefs with everything from recipes, cooking instructions and safety guidelines to alternative preparations including the increasingly popular barbecuing, brining and smoking methods.
- Best Doctors - Recognized as one of the top 10 Medical Websites on the Internet. Features award-winning tools to help patients survive serious medical conditions, including dozens of patient-focused medical condition summaries written by leading national experts.
- BlackBooksCentral.com - An online community showcasing the talents of African-American authors. A source of exclusive content and supplemental information, as well as a place where readers can gather to interact in the distinctive manner that has become a hallmark of the African-American literary community.
- Jessica's Biscuit/Ecookbooks.com - Has the world's largest cookbook inventory --- over 8000 titles, from current bestsellers, to hard-to-find, to out-of-print titles --- at up to 75% off every day!
- Coloradodates.com - A Denver-based company, designed by individuals who work other than 9 to 5. The goal of the company is to provide a safe and confidential service to bring Colorado singles together.
- Digital Music Network - An online marketing, research and reporting service connecting the music industry to its highly segmented and receptive audiences. Its consumer-controlled Digital Music Network application empowers the music industry to create one-to-one relationships with music fans, combining the power of viral and targeted relationship marketing to help record labels, portals, artists and the radio industry more cost-effectively reach, understand and increase their online audiences.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of