New Sites on the Web from Week of October 30, 2000
- Reader's Digest Health - Reader's Digest's health content, tailored for a global audience that includes an estimated 16 million customers with health issues that need managing. The site will include personalized health and wellness information, tools to manage specific health conditions, online support communities and bulletin boards.
- GenealogySpot - A new free genealogy information portal that simplifies the search for the best online genealogy resources for beginners and experts alike. GenealogySpot.com saves time and makes it easy to perform surname searches by state, country, ethnicity and religion, browse historical records, access reference tools, locate lost family members, and join genealogy communities.
- Freeloader.com - Europe's hottest free gaming site offers a variety of titles to satisfy anyone wanting fun and entertainment -- and each game can be downloaded for free.
- VentureList - An online service that puts those that need capital in contact with those who are looking to make investments in private ventures. The concept behind Venturelist is to provide entrepreneurs and start-up companies (looking for seed level investments from approximately $100,000-$5,000,000) a forum to post the executive summary of their business plan to accredited investors and institutions.
- Mark Hamill Presents FragCity - A Web site dedicated to providing the science fiction and horror fan with original animation, classic movies, continually updated information, interviews with top stars, comic strips, and memorabilia, collectables and other merchandise related to the genre.
- Swell - A comprehensive resource for surfers that offers editorial features, competition coverage, live surf cams, wave conditions and forecasting, travel information, surf industry news, equipment reviews and surf instruction. The Web site also enables users to shop for surf apparel and accessories from the premier surfing brands in the world.
- SwapIt - A convenient swapping destination on the Web offering guaranteed product quality, unmatched exchange value and the widest selection of previously owned CDs. The site has expanded its swapping services to include console games.
- 3dvillage.com - A 3D media publishing and Internet content marketing company that brings city guides, universities, sports arenas, golf courses, theme parks, travel destinations, tourist attractions and real estate properties to your PC desktop in interactive, real-time 3D. Take a tour of "Area 51", an expanse of desert tundra in Las Vegas that has long been believed by many Americans to be the Federal government's lead facility for conducting alien and extraterrestrial research.
- WeatherBank.com - You have instant access to the latest weather reports, severe storm watches, tornado warnings, weather radar maps, local weather forecasts and graphic maps that indicate the location, magnitude and depth of earthquakes in any state or region of the U.S. in real time. There is a monthly subscription fee.
- Foot.com - Features an extensive listing of foot disorders, each fully described in non-technical terms for easy identification. This listing includes both general foot conditions as well as special sections for serious disorders such as diabetes, arthritis and AIDS.
- GetConnected - GetConnected's functionality empowers consumers with the information they need to research, select and sign up for Internet access, wireless, local and long-distance telephone services, cable and satellite television services.
- BulkWorks - The premier wholesale marketplace for new, innovative products. It provides a one-stop destination where entrepreneurs and retail buyers can more effectively conduct business. The Web site has been designed to showcase new and unique products from around the globe to its ever-growing database of retail buyers.
- Bravaitalia - Bravaitalia has successfully launched the English version of its web site, making it the first four-language portal (Italian, English, Spanish and Portuguese) dedicated to Italians all over the world. Offers a mix of high-quality content, services and products in both business-to-consumer and business-to-business, with the objective of uniting people with people, people with companies, and companies with companies.
- eLotteryFreeWay.com - Offers an instant version of the classic Pick 6 lottery game. The FreeWay's Pick 6 game is one the largest free instant lottery game on the Internet with a $1 million jackpot.
- Blab.com - Originally launched as Ecards.com in 1999 with a vision to provide the world with free, expressive greeting cards via the Internet. Now the company has morphed into Blab Media Inc. Over the last year, Blab Media Inc. has developed thousands of free greetings that have been seen by millions of Internet users worldwide on their site.
- FinalThoughts.com - A leading consumer Web site for estate and end-of-life planning. Features an afterlife email service, virtual file cabinet and seven online resources which contain information and helpful tools on a wide range of end-of-life topics, including estate planning, funeral planning, end-of-life care, grief and loss, spirituality, genealogy and conscious living.
- SendSpot - Combines high-utility tools with engaging editorial in one user-friendly spot. From the site, manage personal and business correspondence, look up zip codes, print stamps from your computer, get faxes, ship holiday gifts, track packages, send a letter to the President, change your address, eliminate junk mail, pay your bills online, search 18 million e-mail addresses, or send money to one of 670,000 charitable causes.
- LevelRed - An international new-media aggregate and portfolio company of Zandria Corporation that will be webcasting a fully sponsored netcast and generating interview and music content.
- NowDocs - Provides corporations, business professionals on-the-road, and the SOHO (small office/home office) market with the ability to upload files for virtual storage, digital printing, binding and a wide choice of delivery options including its flagship 2-hour same-day service.
- ConsoleWire.com - The online resource for next-generation, Internet-enabled consoles and the technology that drives them. Provides users with new product launches and reviews, articles, company news, polls, press releases, the latest screen shots and specs and free e-mail newsletters. Also provides online gaming professionals tools and resources such as news and analysis, hardware and online overviews, specifications and accessories for popular systems including Sony Playstation 2, Sega Dreamcast and the upcoming Microsoft Xbox and Nintendo Gamecube.
Copyright © 2000 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of