New Sites on the Web from Week of November 4, 2002
- Abebooks.com - A Canadian Internet site that lists the used, rare and out-of-print books from 10,000 bookstores around the world.
- Art.com - Online retailer of prints, posters and custom framing has launched an improved and enhanced web site. Catering to millions of visitors every month, the new site enables better usability and performance for online shoppers, as well as introducing a new editorial and informational approach to online retail. Visitors can easily browse through over 10,000 alphabetically and thematically indexed subject categories, or browse by artist, through over 7,000 alphabetically indexed galleries.
- American Water Works Association (AWWA) - AWWA is the oldest and largest nonprofit scientific and educational organization dedicated to safe drinking water in North America. The newly designed Web pages are divided into 'General Information,' 'Security,' and 'Youth Education' categories, each containing information addressing the needs of consumers. Conservation tips and resources, security information, and water science projects are topics included within the categories.
- TalkingScores.com - Offers an exciting new way for sports fans to keep track of the games. Users can now "listen" to all the scoring plays over the internet and through their PC speakers. The new interface is based on Macromedia, Inc.'s Flash 6 software. All users will need to do is visit the TalkingScores Web site and click "ListenNow!" on game day. They will then hear each score as it happens.
- DiningCertificates.com - This new web site makes it VERY easy to securely purchase gift certificates to some of New York City's most popular restaurants. Among the notable eateries featured on the site are the renowned Trattoria Dopo Teatro, a veritable oasis in the heart of NY's Theater District, and the new Cascina Downtown, an authentic Italian Cucina in Greenwich Village.
- MusicRebellion - Content from BMG and EMI Recorded Music will be integrated into its website through its license agreement with Liquid Audio. Content from a wide variety of artists will be available in many leading formats, including Liquid and Windows Media(R) Audio (WMA). Provides a consumer driven platform for the sale of products over the Internet. Current offerings include more than 300,000 individual tracks from independent artists as well as content from three of the largest music firms in the world.
- Lanacane - How can you protect your skin in winter? The new Lanacane Chap Factor(TM) is a key first step, as it can help determine how likely it is for skin to "chap," depending on where a person lives, his/her skin type and moisturizing habits. Provides daily data for 400 U.S. cities, allowing consumers to obtain a numerical rating of the potential for suffering from dry, chapped skin.
- DigitalGlobe - An imagery and information company that provides the highest-resolution satellite imagery product offering, the greatest collection capacity, and the largest image size commercially available. The company offers geographic information products through its digitalglobe.com on-line imagery store, an Internet-based global archive of geographic information available to commercial businesses. View many high-resolution digital images including the eruption of Mount Etna.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of