New Sites on the Web from Week of November 5, 2001
- MyBasketBiz.com - The online gift basket shop filled with clever ideas and delicious treats for just about any special event or special person on your gift-giving list. Category selections include Gourmet Food, New Baby, Corporate Gifts, Pet Lovers, Junk Food, Men's, Ladies, Holiday, Chocolate Candy, Kosher, Shiva, Sympathy, Dietetic, Fresh Fruit, Unique and Party Mix. They also offer custom gift baskets made to special order or produced in quantity.
- Interim HealthCare - A provider of home care and staffing services introduces two new programs to benefit seniors throughout the country. The Interim HealthCare Senior Network is a free membership program that now contains more than 2,000 pages of content for seniors and their families including expert columnists, a geriatric drug database, articles, specialized message boards, chat rooms and a comprehensive shopping area for personal care products. The Interim HomeStyle Services, the new brand name for non-medical supportive services addresses the needs of daily living such as companionship, bathing, preparing meals, laundry, light housework, and shopping.
- Greyhound - Greyhound Lines, Inc., recently launched will call ticketing, a new feature on the company's Web site. Will call allows customers to purchase tickets online and pick them up at the bus terminal. Available in more than 60 locations across the United States, will call tickets may be purchased up to two hours prior to departure.
- GreatKidsCT - A source of reliable information about the care and development, health and safety of children from birth to age eight, has been created to serve parents, teachers and child care professionals by the Connecticut State Library.
- Pakistan News Service - Most of the stories now at the Pakistan News Service site are about the U.S. war with the Taliban in neighboring Afghanistan, and the reports offer detail not found in American media. This completely online publication is a non-partisan, non-political independent news and information service, according to its organizers.
- AirfareScout.com - An unbiased online information source whose primary mission is enabling consumers to confidently shop for travel products. AirfareScout.com is not a travel agency. The website offers free, unbiased information to all consumers by displaying the lowest published airfares and detailed purchase information for each route, regardless of airline. Also featured are powerful new shopping tools.
- Panicware - Panicware, Inc., a developer of PC privacy and browser enhancement technology, announces Pop-Up Stopper version 2.6. Pop-Up Stopper is a small, free, easy to use utility that allows users to selectively control pop-up windows, or block them completely. Pop-Up Stopper does not block banner advertising in any way. The 2.6 release features support for Netscape 4.x and Internet Explorer 6.x browsers.
- VOAnews.com - The Voice of America has expanded its news offerings in the Pashto, Dari, Urdu, Uzbek and Farsi languages common in and around Afghanistan. The year-old VOAnews.com international news site, launched in November 2000 to supplement shortwave radio broadcasts, presents streaming audio and video news about the U.S. war on terrorism and subjects such as anthrax. The home page appears in Arabic and Chinese as well as English.
- BlitzReport.com - A new way to search for political news, current events and talk. Media links and user-contributed articles are presented. Usenet newsgroups are transformed into an easy-to-use forum environment.
- JobGusher.com - An online recruitment service dedicated to connecting high school and college students, as well as recent college graduates and graduate students, with employers offering full-time and part-time entry level positions, internships, seasonal and temporary work, and other career opportunities.
- Gripe.com - A new way to search for information, experts, and answers. Usenet newsgroups are transformed into an easy-to-use forum environment. The search engine assembles forums on any subject, on-the-fly. Type a posting and the placement engine will suggest suitable Usenet newsgroups.
- USLots.com - One of the nation's most comprehensive on-line sources of vacant residential lots and acreage. Vacant properties listed on the USLots.com web site include subdivision residential lots, farm and ranch lots, mountain properties and more in 33 states.
- Ubi.com - Allows gamers to participate in online communities and play the games they love, all at the same web site. ubi.com's look and feel is designed to appeal to both hard core and casual gamers and was a direct result of extensive feedback and consumer tests.
- WickedCoolStuff.com - A growing Internet retailer specializing in licensed apparel, toys and collectibles. The pop-culture online store has grown from just 40 products to more than 2,500. Also a source for fun merchandise from cartoons, comic books, television shows and movies.
- A Taste of Italy - A gourmet gift that is the perfect choice for every occasion and every budget. The popular ABBONDANZA gift is a feast in a basket that families will love. The ANTIPASTI CLASSICO in a rustic picnic basket goes from the front room to the backyard in a flash. And, for a truly unique gift, the beautiful PRIMO PIATTO is a delight for the senses - with tasty delicacies presented in an elegant ceramic pasta serving bowl. These gifts are at home at the most elegant dinner parties and the most casual meals al fresco.
- Home Depot - Home Depot has opened the doors to a new virtual store -- the Online Holiday Gift Center -- aimed at taking some of the hassle and hurry out of the upcoming holiday shopping season. 200 top-selling products have been ranked by price from $5 stocking stuffers to $500 'ultimate gifts' and have been put into handy categories to make those gift-buying decisions easy and stress-free.
- Jewelry.com - Your gateway to the world of jewelry. The Web site will help you buy jewelry smartly from premiere retailers including Kay Jewelers, Macy's, JCPenney, Sears, Service Merchandise, and Zales Jewelers. You will learn about jewelry, trends, fashion and gift ideas.
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation - The website is focused on programs that honor fallen firefighters and assist their survivors. The NFFF sponsors programs that offer scholarships and support services for family members. Spouses and children of fallen firefighters are eligible for scholarship, assistance, education and job training.
- Lochness Live - The site features dual Web cams set up that enable visitors to the site to spend hours keeping an eye out for the Loch Ness monster. The site features both a surface camera - which gives a spectacular view of a beautiful spot on Earth - and an underwater camera which is transmitting pictures live to the Internet from below the surface of Loch Ness.
- The Pedestal Magazine - A premier literary and art magazine, exclusively on-line, featuring new and established writers and visual artists. The magazine serves as a publishing outlet for writers as well as providing quality literature and art for its readers at no charge.
- Brownstone Greetings - An online greeting card company specializing in products targeting African Americans. With a staff of artists and writers, Brownstone Greetings customizes calendars, and greeting cards. Our clients turn to us for products that better represent the image they want to convey whether it is artwork for greeting cards, convention materials, calendars, newsletters, brochures.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of