New Sites on the Web from Week of November 8
- Rhizome ArtBase - The first online preservation archive of Internet art; preserves copies of Internet artworks in an online database; also serves as a comprehensive resource for curators, journalists, art critics, artists and designers.
- Classic Automobiles - A free automotive auction and classified ad service; features include message boards, tips and requests; technical assistance from classic car restorers; a large dealer directory; free enthusiast and club homepages; a club directory; a supermall of automotive products and services.
- GiftEmporia.com - Offers upscale and unique gifts including arts of the table, fine jewelry, fancy goods, home acessories and much more from independent specialty retailers across America.
- DentistryOnline.com - Online source for dental health information that covers topics including whitening agents, porcelain veneers and crowns, and bonding; articles contain explanations of procedures, professional before-and-after photos of cosmetic dentistry cases and care after the procedure.
- uReach.com - uReach.com integrates all personal communications tools in one place, enabling consumer to send, receive and manage all their calls, voicemail, email, faxes and pagers. Consumers can access the "one person, one number" service over the Internet or via their own free personal 800 number, called a "uNumber".
- BlindGift - Allows people to send a gift to someone if they know the person's e-mail address but no other informaton; BlindGift will collect the user's information privately - and send them the gift.
- OfficeRecovery.com - A Web site to help you recover corrupted Microsoft Word and Excel files. Download a demo version of Word or Excel Recovery and try it on your corrupted files.
- Fidget.com - A Web site where you can find and subscribe to eNewsletters and other content that can be delivered to your e-mail box. The Fidget directory currently includes more than 600 reviewed and categorized eNewsletters.
- Space Imaging - View detailed photographs taken by the first commercial satellite able to snap pictures as detailed as those previously available only from top-secret spy satellites. Photographs of cities around the world will be made available to the general public for US$10 each from its Web site.
- The BigBallot.com - Interactive site where people can cast their votes and voice opinions on a wide range of topics, from sports, media and entertainment, to politics, religion and finance.
- ezgov.com - An online portal delivering government to citizens over the Internet; provides citizens in every state with a direct online link to their federal, state, and local governments.
- OfficeSupplies.com - A Web-based office supplies marketplace for small and mid-size companies; features over 18,000 products from more than 100 top manufacturers and provides customers with free delivery, 24-hour service, competitive pricing and a rewards program.
- freeENGLISH - One of free ENGLISH's featured products is ENGLISH PRO Web Edition. This program has one objective - to help you improve your spoken English through acquiring more native-like pronunciation and learning new words.
- Voter.com - Provides voters with an opportunity to learn about the positions of candidates and groups including Republicans and Democrats; environmentalists and capitalists; political veterans; also provides information on presidential hopefuls and will have coverage of congressional campaigns, state gubernatorial races, and state legislative elections.
- LampsUSA.com - Online resource for lamps; the Web site offers over 1,000 lamps for purchase at 20 to 50 percent off manufacturers' list prices; the selection includes a full line of Stiffel, Tiffany and crystal lamps, as well as lamps for all rooms of the home.
- PriceGrabber.com - The BottomLinePrice feature lets shoppers calculate what their final purchase price will be for any computer-related product, across multiple retailers, taking into account the add-on variables of shipping, handling and sales tax.
- Poor Richard's Web Site - A book written by best-selling author Peter Kent; this book is about the process of setting up a Web site from start to finish, from initial planning, through creation, and ending up with Web-site promotion.
- AccessAtlanta.com - In partnership with Zoo Atlanta, AccessAtlanta.com offers live video images of the giant pandas. Video is fed from 14 cameras strategically positioned in Zoo Atlanta's panda habitat. The Panda Cams are a unique behind-the-scenes look at Lun Lun and Yang Yang, the two giant pandas that arrived in Atlanta from China on Nov. 5, 1999.
- GatherRound.com - An imaging Web site that helps consumers use the Internet to share pictures and personal stories easily and quickly with family and friends; users create their own password-protected, personalized picture albums, complete with captions and descriptions; once created, consumers can e-mail personal invitations to their friends and family to visit and view their albums.
- Vacation Rentals - Web site currently represents over 27,000 vacation rentals at more than 200 destinations in 35 states and 7 countries; simply log on the website and search for your desired destination.
- Talkway.com - A free personal audio and video communications service for e-mail, greeting cards and discussion groups; the service utilizes GEO's Emblaze technology; gives Web consumers the ability to create their own streaming audio and video messages to online communities, discussion group participants and Web surfers.
- PorscheZone.com - A Porsche specific vertical portal for Porsche enthusiasts; features a Porsche specific search engine, free classifieds, calendars, forums, e-mail and a large inventory of Porsche merchandise and related parts and accessories.
- AthleteDirect.com - A leading sports media company that produces the exclusive online sites of the world's greatest athletes and provides interactive, sponsorship, and merchandising opportunities for athletes and fans worldwide.
- GoAuction - Site currently contains more than 100,000 items in more than 500 categories, including antiques, books, collectibles, sports memorabilia and toys. The user-friendly site, which enables browsers to search through a topically arranged product index, provides businesses and consumers with an easy-to-use and personalized environment to buy and sell a large variety of products.
- Web of Care - A community for home caregivers that provides support for caregivers coping with a wide variety of conditions associated with aging, cancer, several childhood disabilities, AIDS, and many others that require support and care; hundreds of up-to-date articles reviewed by doctors, nurses and therapists.
- BottomDollar.com - A proprietary comparison shopping engine that offers the easiest path to secure online shopping by enabling conumers to compare key decision factors across an extensive network of top Internet merchants.
- Teen Cafe - A cyberspace haven for teenage boys with hemophilia; the site encourages boys to explore and interact with their world; play Island Odyssey, a real time, interactive, multi-user strategy game using Shockwave.
- Yachtingnet - Your guide to powerboats and sailboats from the editors of Yachting Magazine; allows the viewer to explore listings and companies in an interactive, keyword searchable database. This format displays the entire print advertisement complete with photos and artwork as an interactive page exactly as it appears in the magazine.
- Callwave - Internet Answering Machine is a free application that enables Internet users with one phone line to hear who's calling while they are online. Internet users no longer need to order, install or pay for a separate telephone line to make sure that they don't miss important calls while online; download the free application.
Copyright © 1999 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of