New Sites on the Web from Week of November 13, 2000
- Planet Project - Expected to be the largest Internet-based poll of the human race, the Planet Project offers people around the world the opportunity to share and compare their thoughts on entertaining and thought-provoking questions on eight poll topics, which include religion, sex, crime, health, dreams and education.
- MilePoint.com - The first company that allows frequent flyers to convert their miles and points into a new online currency.
- Planning Place - Focuses on seniors and those who care for them by providing a free, online source for researching virtually every senior housing option available in America. Incorporates filtering technology to enable online consumers to pinpoint the facilities that most closely meet their needs.
- uDate.com - uDate.com's unique matchmaking technology enables members to identify, communicate with and meet people who are psychologically, culturally, educationally and demographically compatible. It zeroes in on the right matches for all of its members based on similarities in individual profiles and personal preferences.
- HIVChannel.com - As a site developed and monitored by physician specialists, HIVChannel.com provides accurate and trustworthy medical information to people living with HIV/AIDS, their families and the general public.
- uTOK - A communications Application Service Provider that provides companies with a new messaging tool that amplifies their site's traffic. Features include a stand-alone desktop client and a traveling "Inbox" that allows users to post and read notes above any Web site, participate in polls, and interact within user-created interest groups.
- eGolf.com - The site offers an extensive inventory of top brand name golf equipment, accessories and merchandise, and makes a "lowest price on the Internet" guarantee to all its customers. eGolf.com also has an active used golf equipment Auction feature.
- TrulyGlobal - A free Internet based service for consumers that simplifies the use of multiple communication devices and networks. A suite of services includes Internet based voice and video calling, instant messaging, personal contact book with a cataloged history of calls and messages. The Personal Communications Assistant enables users to customize how their calls and messages are routed from an easy-to-use Web-based interface.
- PictureStage.com - Photos are meant for sharing and Panasonic is making it easier with PictureStage. Choose to archive and organize your photos in a personal digital photo album. Or make your experience more interactive by visiting the site's Photo Workshop(TM), where you can enhance your images.
- ShopServe.com - An independent resource for unbiased information and advice on online shopping. The newly launched Certified Merchant Program is a unique initiative offering consumers free services, warranties and other benefits when they shop at highly qualified, trustworthy online merchants.
- GameSpy Arcade - A multiplayer gaming environment that lets gamers launch and locate more than 150 multiplayer games, ranging from chess and checkers to real-time strategy and action games, with gamers all around the world. A one-time fee of $20 is charged for the download.
- DiscoverHongKong.com - The Hong Kong Tourist Association (HKTA) has launched the International version of its new consumer Web site. The HKTA is strategic in its use of the Internet to highlight the wealth of experiences awaiting visitors. The new web site reflects Hong Kong as the quintessential "City of Life".
- MaximumPC.com - Online magazine for hardcore PC enthusiasts. Editors sniff out the ultimate in new products and bring you in-depth interviews with company representatives. They also dig beneath the hype to figure out what's really hot and what's really not. Daily online reporting -- now with streaming video -- to bring you the latest products and information from Comdex.
- Blue Diamond - A cooperative owned by nearly 4,000 California almond growers who are celebrating 90 years of producing quality nuts. Products available online are Blue Diamond's popular gift packs featuring its signature Smokehouse flavored almonds, roasted salted, barbeque, whole natural and candy coated, multi-colored Jordan almonds for year-round giving.
- Just For Men - Ever looked into a mirror and wondered how you might look without gray hair? Men can submit a photo, and Just For Men Haircolor will retouch the image to show them how they might look without gray hair.
- Branders.com - Online provider of custom-branded promotional products. Branders.com's exclusive "See Before You Buy" allows companies to interactively find, brand and buy promotional products online, with the immediate ability to see a logo or artwork in 3-D on a product. The company offers the largest online selection of products, including exclusive brands, from over 50 major suppliers.
- SwitcHouse - The world's largest consumer-to-consumer online swapping service, has launched its updated site enabling members to transact in half the time. Switchouse is the largest consumer-to-consumer online swapping service focused on bringing together millions of people to help them find new and better ways to get things they want.
- WizeUp - A developer of digital educational content--including digital textbooks, training materials, and other related educational content--for both the higher education and corporate marketplaces. WizeUp Digital Textbooks are enhanced with interactive features that transform the college textbook into a comprehensive digital resource.
Copyright © 2000 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of