New Sites on the Web from Week of November 20, 2000
- Email-to-santaclaus.com/ - Creates personalized responses from Jolly Old St. Nick for your child. Parents may also request that Santa send a letter shortly after Christmas thanking their child for the treats left for him and his reindeer. Each of these letters are sent by first class mail inside a uniquely designed candy cane container.
- Webware.com - CNET unveiled Webware.com, the first resource on the Internet that brings together a complete directory of Web-hosted products and services with information that helps users figure out which one best suits their personal and business needs.
- Dr Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Universal Pictures launched the official Grinch Web Browser at www.meanone.com to promote the movie "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The customized browser offers a new and unique way for fans to bring the thrilling tale of The Grinch to the Internet. The new browser features unique interface designs with sounds and images from The Grinch movie and direct "channel" links to Grinch Web sites and the Universal Pictures Web sites.
- Michaels.com - The world's largest retailer of arts, crafts, framing, floral, decorative wall decor and seasonal merchandise for the hobbyist and do-it-yourself home decorator. Features a virtual library of free crafting project ideas, as well as the ability to purchase thousands of prints and posters online.
- goodguys.com - Dedicated to providing consumers with a broad selection of fully featured consumer entertainment electronics at fiercely competitive prices. The site features over 1,000 products from more than 70 leading manufacturers, including Sony, Denon, Toshiba, Panasonic, Philips and Bose.
- mp3Collaborator - mp3Collaborator is the first global interactive music portal for all musicians, engineers, DJs, writers, producers, agents, fans and others involved in the creative process. For musicians by musicians, the web site allows the easy online creation of musical content.
- Freelancehelp.com - A job site dedicated to the creative freelance market. Allows writers, designers, photographers and other creative professionals to sell or auction previously completed works online.
- Bank One Small Business Services - In an effort to redefine the way financial services companies serve small businesses over the Internet, Bank One Corporation unveiled the country's first "made-to-order" small business website. Whether you need to receive or send electronic payments, access account information quickly or streamline your payroll process, Bank One has many solutions for managing your cash - each one designed to meet the specific needs of your business.
- IrishFirst.com - Provides customers with an easy cost-effective way of purchasing Irish made products. Products include items retailing for over $1,000 and under $10. There is something for everyone interested in the Irish culture.
- MediaTrip.com - An online entertainment studio, creating a network of content and community Web sites that provides its users with a multi-faceted entertainment experience. MediaTrip.com announced the launch of an animation series entitled "Gary the Rat," starring Emmy award winning actor Kelsey Grammer.
- BookSense.com - BookSense.com is the e-commerce component of Book Sense, the American Booksellers Association's integrated marketing program designed to raise consumer awareness about the unique value of shopping in independent bookstores.
- Volume.com - A community portal targeting the trend-setting urban youth market. Focusing on a young, multicultural demographic, Volume.com provides a neighborhood environment that serves as a platform for self-expression and social interaction. Volume.com will be the place to meet and interact with others, uncover breaking trends, showcase your talents, discover underground acts, buy hot gear, listen to streaming radio, and get the latest in news, sports, money, careers, and sexuality.
- Beautysurf.com - Internet destination site for people interested in finding the salon and/or spa best suited to meet their personal beauty and pampering needs. The site, a nationwide directory and personal care portal for Salons & Spas, is a valuable resource for consumers who are traveling, have recently moved into a new neighborhood, or are just looking for a salon or spa, which meets their personal requirements.
- PetReferrals.com - The first site devoted to pet owners and pet service providers. It provides valuable information on the latest in pet products and services including pet care tips from experts and from pet owners with hands-on experience. PetReferrals.com partners with the best pet product and service companies to give you great information, services and prices--all in one place.
- Santatelevision.com - Santa Claus' site, Santatelevision.com, has its studios in his Arctic Circle grotto in Finnish Lapland and will primarily stream stories, documentaries, talk shows and interviews using the RealPlayer streaming video format. In addition, the site will include information on Christmas-related subjects in the form of photos, text and music.
- WiredScholar - Online resource for "going-to-college" information for students, parents and guidance professionals. The site is a comprehensive and objective resource on the Web for information and interactive tools to assist with college preparation, evaluation, selection, application and financing, all in one online location.
- The Bard EndoCinch System - A patient-oriented Web site, containing valuable information about its innovative, incisionless alternative treatment for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), commonly referred to as chronic heartburn.
- Voquette - A new service that is released in beta that enables business professionals to customize, manage and listen to high-quality Web audio programs. Allows business professionals to create personal programs of informative Web audio from 75 brand-name sources including Wall Street Journal, ON24, CNET Radio, techtv radio, BBC World Service and more. Enables users to automatically record and listen to Web audio while they work, or on a variety of portable devices -- including mobile phones -- during their commute.
Copyright © 2000 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of