New Sites on the Web from Week of November 26, 2001
- Books of Wonder - New York City's largest independent children's bookstore and renowned experts of children's literature. The new site allows consumers from across the country to access the best in modern and out-of-print and collectible children's books, plus original children's book illustrations.
- PhotoTunes.com - An e-card site that combines original music and images in an easy-to-access format and offers a reliable and creative alternative to traditional greeting cards.
- Leave A Little Room - A premier gospel music site and philanthropic organization. The online music store contains one of the most diverse selections of gospel music. Proceeds generated from the online gospel music store will fund the Leave A Little Room Foundation, a foundation that favors collaborative endeavors and sponsorship opportunities that help individuals, families and communities in developing nations.
- 2002 FIFA World Cup - The virtual doors are now open to FIFAworldcup.com, the official site of the 2002 FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan. For the millions of passionate soccer fans worldwide, FIFAworldcup.com is the most complete and compelling site to connect with critical FIFA World Cup(TM) information.
- Interstate Batteries - A company that has made its mark by offering premium automotive batteries for nearly 50 years is expanding its reputation into other battery categories. The Web site offers batteries for virtually any type of portable device, including laptops, personal electronics and cordless tools, as well as very specialized, hard-to-find categories.
- Weathervane - A fast growing specialty-clothing retailer for teenage girls. The site features an apparel catalog, virtual dressing room and many entertainment features, including user selectable music.
- ShopTEAC.com - TEAC's new online store offers the entire TEAC line of digital storage products, including TEAC's new Mini CD/MP3 Player, the company's CD-RW, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM drives, standard floppy drives and CD-R/CD-RW media.
- C&H Sugar Company - The site was designed especially for those who love to bake. In addition to the requisite "FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)," the site has an extensive "Tips & Tools" section with practical advice on everything from picking a cookie sheet to freezing cakes.
- CouponMaker.com - Offers a new, innovative approach to direct marketing by providing retailers the ability to generate completely unique, customized coupons for customers in real time. Within two clicks or at a participating retailer's own Web site, consumers who are looking for savings at local retail stores simply enter the amount they are planning to spend, and in turn, receive a customized coupon that they can print out and use at either the physical store location or online.
- GetaCard.com - Send real paper greeting cards (not e-greetings) that are completely personalized, printed and mailed in a matter of minutes, not days. Now through the end of December, GetaCard.com has a special selection of cards and postcards at that are affordable and include domestic postage at no additional cost. This service was designed specifically for businesses and individuals who want to send greeting cards without the high cost and hassle of custom printing, addressing, sorting and sending.
- Bell & Howell Publishing Services - A subsidiary of ProQuest Company, has launched a user-friendly, cleanly designed website for its Global Automotive business. The website, located at www.ps.bellhowell.com , features a global view of the company's automotive information products and services available to auto dealerships and manufacturers.
- Skechers - Designs, develops and markets branded footwear for men, women and children. The Company has streamlined the operations and logistics of the new site, which will offer consumers a more focused and updated selection of its most popular styles. The Company offers a balanced assortment of basic and fashionable merchandise, which is sold to department stores and specialty retailers, as well as directly to consumers through company-owned SKECHERS retail stores.
- YoureMyHero.org - When the mail itself became a source of terrorism, the Web site began a public service campaign for the heroes of America by offering children around the world a way to send letters and drawings to the defenders of freedom. YoureMyHero.org allows children and their families to send letters and artwork to service men and women around the globe.
- Rumpets.com - View the new Christmas story, Rumpets for Reindeer. In this 8-minute animation, children choose the ethnicity of Santa in the story and find new traditions and crafts. The story accomplishes a rare feat by attracting the interest of the whole family and heightening the anticipation for Christmas, while completely avoiding commercialization.
- Rapsheets.com - Provides instant criminal records searches for $3 per name - an alternative to more expensive, time-consuming courthouse searches that have long been the only means for checking a person's criminal record. Qualified users can search records on more than 32 million persons from 27 states and numerous major metropolitan areas of the country.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of