New Sites on the Web from Week of November 27, 2000
- Fact Monster - Offers unbeatable resources, including an encyclopedia, dictionary, atlas, and the full Information Please(R) kids' almanac. Kids -- along with their parents and teachers -- have easy access to just the right facts on topics ranging from science to sports to people in the news. In addition, FactMonster.com's Homework Center lets kids find direction on common homework topics and submit questions to homework helpers.
- MeritMoney.com - A new Internet site that will help high school students with a 3.0 or higher GPA discover whether they might be able to enter college with all or a portion of their tuition pre-paid. A proprietary database and innovative search technology allows students with a B average or higher to match their academic profile against millions of dollars in academic scholarships available from over 1100 colleges nationwide.
- Monkey Million - Trancos Inc., an online sweepstakes and promotions company, announced the launch of Monkey Million, the Internet's first, and only, free $1,000,000 instant win game. Monkey Million features an easy-to-play storyboard that allows visitors to play for FREE, once a day.
- Trovare - A new Web site that advertises historic properties for sale worldwide--was launched today by Heritage Marketplace, Inc. Trovare(R) ("to find" in Italian) brings together buyers and sellers of historic--as well as older--private residences, bed-and-breakfasts, and commercial properties.
- Friskit - Friskit is a compact "search and stream" music player that connects to an advanced media search engine to instantly "find it, stream it" from all over the Internet. Friskit's current open beta test acts as a technology and business demonstration to consumers and media companies.
- BrushstrokesArt.com - Features over 200 limited editions, from Impressionist Masters to Contemporary Artists. Created through revolutionary patented technologies, Brushstrokes are oil-on-canvas, limited edition paintings so real they are virtually indistinguishable from the originals... and yet very affordable.
- BondTalk.com - A provider of actionable information, analysis, and insights on the bond market, the economy, and macro events. Bondtalk.com aims to become the leading platform where bond investors, issuers, and intermediaries can connect and transact with each other.
- Care2.com - The first and largest global community on the Web for environmentally conscious consumers. Visitors can buy unique gifts for the "person who has everything." Consumers can "shop with a conscience," because 10 percent of the proceeds go to Care2.com's non-profit partners such as National Wildlife Federation, The Nature Conservancy, the Wildlife Conservation Society and more.
- Sidewalk Santa - Sidewalk Santa online was officially launched as part of a fund raising campaign by Volunteers of America to bring some holiday joy to people in need in communities across the country.
- Toy Safety Hotline - Toy Manufacturers of America (TMA) year round safety campaign includes a toll-free hotline and web site for consumers and the media, providing the widest range of up-to-date information regarding toy safety. TMA supports the industry's commitment to the production of safe toys, protecting the environment and educating parents and caregivers about safe play.
- Virtually Dating - Provides single adults, the opportunity to expand their social networks in an entertaining and interactive avatar based virtual community, that utilizes the most up to date, cutting edge technology and trend setting design applications.
- Whatsupmusic.com - A participant in the online music and CD replication industry. Through the website consumers can purchase songs online by way of CDs, customized CDs or as downloads. Recording artists and independent labels can take advantage of Whatsupmusic.com's complete service package that includes CD manufacturing and distribution. This site was formerly called Angelaudio.com.
- FordVehicles.com - Ford Division has redesigned its web site for Ford Division cars and trucks. The new web site offers easier access to in-depth vehicle information to help shoppers conduct research before purchasing a vehicle. An exciting new feature, the comparison module, created by Autoweb.com Inc., allows consumers to accurately compare Ford vehicles to vehicles from other manufacturers. Ford is the first major automotive manufacturer to offer this feature.
- DailyRadar.com - DailyRadar is Imagine Media's online publication for the plugged-in generation. Covering video games, movies, television and DVD enthusiasm, DailyRadar is the Web's most important site for diehard consumers of converging digital entertainment. Announces the launch of "Daily Radar Tech" to cover the rapid evolution of the world of consumer electronics.
- Chineseroots.com - A Singapore company is using modern technology to trace the roots of people with Chinese heritage dating back as far as 1,100 years. The Chineseroots.com Web site lets people build a family tree by tapping into a database with records of births and marriages in China over the last millennium. Data on the site dates back to the Sung dynasty, when family names and records were first formalized and kept in ancestry booklets called "jiabu".
Copyright © 2000 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of