New Sites on the Web from Week of December 10, 2001
- The Aspen Effect - Consumers can learn about the unique activities and entertainment that Aspen has to offer, as well as view and book various package deals for travel to Aspen. From cultural celebrations of art and music to culinary festivals of food and drink, Aspen is a charming, hospitable, spectacular setting for special events of all descriptions.
- Frontrow.com - Looking for tickets to a sold-out concert, show or sporting event? This Web site offers a database of over 100,000 tickets and complete hotel packages for events nationwide. Buyers can shop for these prized ducats from their homes, and with over 1000 venue maps available, they can see exactly where their seats are. In addition, related items such as autographs, merchandise and limo rentals are available.
- MyHeartWatch - Offers interactive health management tools and tailored health information to individuals wanting to decrease their risk for coronary heart disease and stroke.
- Authority Finder - A search engine which allows users to conduct searches based on natural language using anything from a keyword to a few sentences of text to yield relevant results. The database currently boasts more than 35,000 articles from 250 American and English academic and business journals, covering a wide range of subjects including: business, medicine, art history, history, economics, science, technology, education, sociology and psychology from 1998 to the present.
- WorldNet - AT&T WorldNet introduces Web Access by Phone, a new feature that brings Internet content and e-mail to virtually any telephone, anywhere, anytime, through the power of a caller's voice. Web Access by Phone enables AT&T WorldNet Service subscribers to call a toll-free number, sign in, and listen and reply to their e-mail messages, as well as get news, weather, stocks, sports and horoscopes.
- ICQ Lite - ICQ Lite revolutionizes how and when users can access their ICQ account by allowing them to log on from the Web with any Internet-enabled computer in the world. By leveraging the new server-based contact lists introduced with 2001b, ICQ Lite frees users from relying solely on the host PC where the ICQ client has been installed. By visiting the ICQ Lite homepage, users can immediately send instant messages, access their contact lists, send SMS text messages to cell phones and much more.
- Paintideas.com - An Internet resource for do-it-yourself home decor and home improvement projects and ideas. The site offers a wide range of fun and inspiring paint ideas and serves as a forum for painting enthusiasts. A combination of guest designer and visitor comments and ideas are highlighted throughout the site to encourage a lively exchange of information.
- dinnerguest - A personalized gift certificate that you can send to a friend, family member, or co-worker that can be used at a restaurant of his or her choice. The prepaid VISA cards represent a new and innovative method of giving restaurant gift certificates as the cards are accepted at 22 million merchant locations worldwide, including millions of restaurants that accept VISA.
- eZmeeting - A powerful, peer-to-peer, $99 desktop application that empowers people with the ability to conference with one another and then view and markup on virtually any information on their computer. eZmeeting's unprecedented design ensures private, fast, bandwidth efficient, virus-proof conferencing, allowing as many as 32 people to share, view and mark-up virtually anything on their computers and see the changes and additions others make instantly in real time. Download a 90-day free trial copy.
- Power106.fm - The No. 1 station in Los Angeles directs 1.6 million weekly listeners to it's site. Power 106's new site is loaded with rich content that will extend the special relationship the station has with its listeners.
- iPads.com - Allows the user's own photos and phrases to become customized greeting cards, invitations, note pads, notebooks, or stickers - all created in just minutes on the Web and shipped directly to the user.
- U.S. Department of Transportation's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) - View front and side crash results for the final 2001 model year vehicle in their consumer information testing program. For both frontal and side impact, the New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) reports crash test results in a range of one to five stars, with five stars showing the best crash protection.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of