New Sites on the Web from Week of December 11, 2000
- The Merck Manual of Medical Information - Home Edition - Written in everyday language and backed by a century of trust, the world's best selling and most trusted home medical resource is available free on the Internet. The site includes all the complete, concise, and up-to-date information previously available, plus new multimedia components such as animations, videos, color photographs, Internet links, and pronunciations of medical terms.
- Military.com - The largest online destination for the military community, meets the unique needs of military consumers for career transition, VA loans, financial planning, GI Bill, travel, and relocation. We serve, connect and inform the 80 million Americans in the broader military audience -- active duty, retirees, veterans, reservists, guardsmen, defense workers, family members, and enthusiasts.
- Hookt.com - Hookt is an online destination for hip-hop music, news, culture, fashion and shopping targeting the 15-34 demographic. Hookt's e-commerce store offerings include hip-hop fashion from leading designers and brands, CD's, vinyl, DVD's, video games and accessories. Content offerings include MP3's and music videos from major and independent artists, daily news and record reviews, artist interviews, fashion reviews, runway shows and fashion advice.
- Practical Money Skills for Life - Launched by Visa U.S.A., this new personal financial education website is an online clearinghouse for personal finance educational tools for parents, teachers and students of all ages. The site provides consumers free access to tools including online personal finance courses, curriculum for high schools and colleges, online games and calculators, brochures, CD-ROM's, pamphlets and magazines.
- SendAMERICA.com - Offers an assortment of American-made gift items while providing online shoppers with the handcrafted quality and customer service expected from a company affiliated with Vermont Teddy Bear Co. From Vermont maple syrup to California art glass, shoppers can log on for American-made gifts of enduring quality that have been selected for their uniqueness and handcrafted quality, as well as for their reflection of their state of origin.
- TheSchmoozer.com - Media Force Interactive's irreverent compliment generator. The Schmoozer will deliver expensive- sounding compliments via email to all your colleagues, friends and relatives. 52 weeks a year. Absolutely free.
- Eveo.com - A Web video company that has established a library of 2,500 original `eveos' (short videos of four minutes or less in length). Eveo's videos span a wide range of genres including comedy, drama, music, sports, travel, adventure, entertainment, mystery, horror, animation, real life and documentaries. These videos are available for syndication in packages specifically tailored to meet a companies' needs.
- Yack Games Guide - The ultimate guide to the Internet's best games -- from Pacman to DJ Nights. The Yack Games Guide helps users to both rediscover old favorites and uncover the latest underground hits. The Guide also features the free online demo versions of some of the hottest current retail releases, like Quake III: Arena.
- The Museum of Television and Radio - A nonprofit organization founded by William S. Paley to collect and preserve television and radio programs and advertisements and to make them available to the public. From its inception in 1975, the museum has organized exhibitions, screening and listening series, seminars and education classes to showcase its collection of over 100,000 television and radio programs and advertisements.
- Kidney Options - A comprehensive educational resource for patients who have been diagnosed with kidney disease or who may be at risk for developing kidney disease, and for their families and friends. The website helps people learn about kidney disease - its causes, symptoms, and all the treatment options available.
- Elvis Presley's Graceland - Welcome to Elvis Presley's official web site, home of the undisputed King of Rock 'n' Roll® and his beloved Graceland Mansion in Memphis, Tennessee. Check out the newest features on the site, including the live GracelandCam where you can see the front lawn of Graceland all decked out for the holidays
- MaxLotto.com - MaxLotto.com launches its online gaming site with the world's first US $100 million drawing. For every lottery dollar you spend at the MaxLotto site, they will donate up to 25% to a charity of your choice.
- Roundpeg - A leading provider of customized Web and other media application development. Roundpeg has launched online the highly respected Publications International Limited's Consumer Guide(TM) magazine which contains intricate database-driven tools required to best serve the consumer who is looking to gather comparative information on a particular product.
- BRS Media Inc. - BRS Media Inc. is a full service Internet e-commerce firm that assists multimedia web sites and radio stations in building and branding on the power of the Net. The company's online divisions include: WEBCASTi AM/FM. dot.FM & dot.AM, domain registrar of premium .FM & .AM (TLD) domains, RadioWeb.FM a full featured web-site hosting service, and the ever popular Web-Radio the leading portal for "Tuning In" radio on the Internet.
- TechTV.com - TechTV is the on-air and online network dedicated to the digital lifestyle. The shows help viewers improve their computer knowledge and participate more fully in the Digital Age. The TV Channel page will tell you what each show is about. The website expands on the television content.
- eBags.com - Online retailer of bags and accessories. From luggage and computer cases to adventure gear and handbags, the site carries a full line of bags from well-known brands, including Samsonite, JanSport, Eagle Creek, The North Face, Adrienne Vittadini, Callaway, Liz Claiborne, Nicole Miller and Timberland.
- BuyTies.com - A company devoted exclusively to selling neckwear online. The website displays a large and diverse selection of neckwear with over 800 unique ties in stock.
- HandSpeak - The visual Sign Language dictionary on the Web. This Web site is run by volunteers but provides an educational tool for introducing parents, prospective sign language students and others to sign language.
- CommunityZero - CommunityZero, formerly Vicinities.com, enables users to create and manage their own online communities to connect groups involving family, friends, colleagues, customers, or others. With an extensive suite of collaborative tools, members can publish information, engage in discussions, share notes, store lists, exchange files, conduct polls, exhibit photos and images, chat in real-time, and more.
Copyright © 2000 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of