New Sites on the Web from Week of December 31, 2001
- Lowes.com - A home improvement retailer who has one of the industry's most comprehensive libraries of how-to articles on the worldwide web, is breaking new ground with the introduction of animated, do-it-yourself demonstrations. Offers nearly 100 animated features in addition to its library of more than 500 how-to articles and buying guides.
- Center for Disaster Preparedness at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) - A Web site funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) teaches hospital-based physicians and nurses how to diagnose and treat rare infections and exposures to bioterrorist agents such as anthrax and smallpox.
- GridComputingPlanet.com - Created to serve the emerging grid computing business and technology community. Offers weekly features, news and opinions, a discussion list, and a free e-mail newsletter. Also offers solutions to those problems and projects - primarily complex business, technical and scientific in nature - that involve the analysis of inordinate amounts of data and are beyond the processing limits of individual computers.
- Volvo Concept Cars - Volvo Cars of North America showcases the automaker's concept cars and the unique approach that Volvo takes in designing and building its vehicles. The site allows car enthusiasts to explore the creation, features styling, and philosophy behind three of Volvo's recent concept cars; the Safety Concept Car, the Performance Concept Car and the Adventure Concept Car.
- Entertainme.com - An entertainment eStore that has launched its Top 100 Ultimate DVD List, geared to both the avid collector and new DVD owner. A perfect place to start your collection, as all the top DVDs are in one place and all are at great prices.
- Wiredscholar.com - Online resource for "going-to-college" information for students, parents and guidance professionals. The site is the most comprehensive and objective resource on the Web for information, interactive tools and checklists to assist with college preparation, evaluation, selection, application and financing, all in one online location.
- Tire Advisor - A tire information and selection tool designed by Michelin(R), Uniroyal(R) and BFGoodrich(R) Tire brands. It is the only impartial tire selection system in the tire industry that objectively compares tire lines, recommends tires based on consumer specifications, identifies dealers who sell the selections and obtains price quotes.
Copyright © 2001 SearchtheWeb.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
SearchtheWeb™ and SearchtheWeb.com™ are Trademarks of